Rivco aero pegs-the good and the bad according to me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rivco aero pegs-the good and the bad according to me

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rivco aero pegs-the good and the bad according to me

Been needing some highway pegs bad to keep the legs happy. I knew the aero pegs were what i wanted...mostly because of the clean look and a close second is because they aren't going to scrape in the turns.

I read the negative reviews as well, but I wasn't bothered by those enough to change my mind.

So the good first...Taking them out of the box everything looks good. The instructions are adequate. Installation is a snap.

The bad.
    1) This is more a gripe than anything but when I was attaching the peg section on the lower plate, Rivco uses SAE bolts. I just found it annoying that now there are four standard bolts on a metric bike.

2) The right peg is closer to the seat than the left peg. I had read about this so it was not a surprise bit it definitely irks me. I am going to look at drilling and tapping another hole to make them even.

But even with those two things, they look great on my B and I'm happy to get rid of more of that tacky chrome..lol
    2015 matte silver F6B

Love mine.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dweisman429 View Post
    Been needing some highway pegs bad to keep the legs happy. I knew the aero pegs were what i wanted...mostly because of the clean look and a close second is because they aren't going to scrape in the turns.

I read the negative reviews as well, but I wasn't bothered by those enough to change my mind.

So the good first...Taking them out of the box everything looks good. The instructions are adequate. Installation is a snap.

The bad.
    1) This is more a gripe than anything but when I was attaching the peg section on the lower plate, Rivco uses SAE bolts. I just found it annoying that now there are four standard bolts on a metric bike.

2) The right peg is closer to the seat than the left peg. I had read about this so it was not a surprise bit it definitely irks me. I am going to look at drilling and tapping another hole to make them even.

But even with those two things, they look great on my B and I'm happy to get rid of more of that tacky chrome..lol
    I really like the clean look of them as well. Folding in and hiding away is too cool.

But, I cannot fathom how Rivco can be so stupid/ignorant/incompetent to not be able to drill holes in the correct place on a $300-400 item! They've been doin' it wrong for years and see no reason to fix it now.

No, I'm not pissed about it.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    .......But, I cannot fathom how Rivco can be so stupid/ignorant/incompetent to not be able to drill holes in the correct place on a $300-400 item! They've been doin' it wrong for years and see no reason to fix it now.........

And THAT is there reason I have not purchased a pair myself. That is ALSO the reason that I WON'T be buying them ever. Or at least not til Rivco pulls their heads out of their asses. If Rivco cares so little about their customer base...then I don't need to be a part of that base. A pity, though.....I kinda like the design in general, and would have bought a pair a long time ago had all this not been the case.

Think I might be about to pull the trigger on a pair of Kurakyn Ergo II's instead

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

I find it not an issue whatsoever...if I didn't read this I wouldn't know.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I redrilled mine on the left side and corrected my set but there is only one location that is correct and if they are moved they will offset again and a hole will show. It was worth it to me as they feel "normal" now. I also added pins to the bottom to make it easier to get a hold of them to open them. I did hear the new ones come with the pins?
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I didnt mean to run these pegs down. They look slick and i think will work great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    if they are moved they will offset again and a hole will show.
    I noticed that. I thought about drilling two new holes. That may be able to keep the other holes covered AND get them lined up. Not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    I did hear the new ones come with the pins?
    It does have a short pin with a rubber nub on the bottom to help with opening them. I played with it in the garage fir a few minutes but wasnt able to open them with my foot. I will probably try to loosen them slightly, but i also may try to add or change the pin.
    2015 matte silver F6B

Op Ed.....lol

I've got one of the "original" sets.
    Mk 1, Mod 0.
    Installed by Rivco in Daytona two years ago.
    Yes, one is slightly closer than the other.
    Couldn't tell you which one though.
    I've a 30" inseam, the pegs are as far aft as they can go.
    They fulfill their mission by allowing me to stretch out a bit on 1000 mile days.
    I can also rest my heel on them and stretch out my hamstrings.

I tried a bolt on set of highway pegs. Ergo somethings.....
    I couldn't get past the aesthetic displeasure I took looking at this sleek machine with these "things" sticking out.
    The Aero pegs look like they were part of the original design of this bike.
    Yeah, could be better, not perfect, but what is?

I'm VERY seldom a form over function guy, but any dis-functionality in these - in my humble (and widely ignored) opinion - is easily dismissed by their smooth alignment with the bike and its overall flow.

My $0.02.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

i have read this before, but for the life of me i don't notice a difference when i'm riding. guess it just works.

I can appreciate that most of you don't notice or care that the pegs are offset a little. Good for you!

The question still remains, "why not build them correctly in the first place??". Some clever guys here have figured out where to correctly drill the holes. This isn't a $29.99 product. Rivco certainly deserves some ribbing on this flaw.

I had contacted them about it. All they did was get pissed off. Pretty useless ...

I still like mine. I agree that they look a lot better than something hanging off the case guards.
    Albuquerque, NM