COBRA 6 into 6 Debaffeled

Thread: COBRA 6 into 6 Debaffeled

COBRA 6 into 6 Debaffeled

I am confused I just picked up the cobra 6 into 6.I ran them Saturday without the baffles WOW

I just called cobra and a rep said this could make the bike run lean. My question is, How could that

be. The a/f ratio has not changed, no different air filter and the change was after the CAT.

Any input would be grateful.

I even unhooked the battery during install to allow the bike computer to adjust

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Keyword is 'could'. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Cool

Yep....that is a non issue...you may want to post a sound bite there are a few that want to here the pipes un capped !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAYZSTEALTH View Post
    I am confused I just picked up the cobra 6 into 6.I ran them Saturday without the baffles WOW

I just called cobra and a rep said this could make the bike run lean. My question is, How could that

be. The a/f ratio has not changed, no different air filter and the change was after the CAT.

I'm no expert but I believe it has to due with the back pressure, or lack there of...

Quote Originally Posted by JAYZSTEALTH View Post

Rev it up and piss your neighbors off!

Pull a plug and check it !

Your bike has fuel injection with oxygen sensors running through an ECM, I don't see how it could run lean. It should self adjust. The same as running at high or low altitudes.
    Jakec

I AM an expert (honda tech) and if it causes a problem (lean) then an engineer needs to be severely beaten. As long as the cataylist and o2 sensors are in place-- the bike technically should not "know". Backpressure theory is horsepoo IMO all engines are basically air pumps the more it pumps the more it goes -- PERIOD

the one exception is torque -- intake runner length and exhaust can play a part -- but it's minuscule