Rear rim/wheel

Thread: Rear rim/wheel

Rear rim/wheel

Is the rear rim the same on all gl1800's? I am looking for a spare rim to have a dark side "spare" to swap if I am doing a long highway trip. I found this....

https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mpo/6087597855.html

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    Is the rear rim the same on all gl1800's? I am looking for a spare rim to have a dark side "spare" to swap if I am doing a long highway trip. I found this....

That rim will fit your 6! Any GL 1800 front or rear wheels from 2001 to present will fit!

That is a good buy if not damanged. I paid more for mine. Grab it quick.

Thanks for the quick response guys. I actually found an even better deal. $50 for rim and tire with a plug in it, but I don't need the tire anyway. I am on my way to the dark side....

Thanks for the quick response guys. I actually found an even better deal. $50 for rim and tire with a plug in it, but I don't need the tire anyway. I am on my way to the dark side....
    NICE !!!!!!! I'm still a newbie darksider with just over 1K on my rear CT. But to tell the truth I wish I'd did it as soon as I got the B. With only a few miles left on the front stone I will be going double DS very soon. Happy trails.

So I was able to pick up a rim and tire for $50. Now I have to decide what tire to go with. I have a Valkyrie that had a CT on it when I bought it and I did not like it. My biggest issue was when at low speeds on uneven terrain it pushed the bike all over. Being 5'7" with a short inseam it was unnerving especially with a passenger. It is even harder for me to touch on the F6. I guess what I am asking is does anyone have a suggestion on a tire that would minimize this issue? I am thinking the narrower the tire the better? My intentions are to have this rim/tire for longer highway trips to help my elite4's last longer. My hopes are I will like the CT and not have to worry about spending $200+ on rear tires anymore!

I have the Dunlop Snow tire...very happy...look on the Dark Side section for more information.

Sounds like you were not running enough air? I run 32# in this one. Good Luck !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com