Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
Yes.

The Steelmate sensors start transmitting when the wheel is in motion Steve. They become dormant again, after a period of wheel inactivity. Prolongs the battery life in the sensor.

The display unit will "remember" the last recorded tire pressures and temperatures when you turn the bike back on. Once the wheels are in motion again; it will update to the current readings.

I know others have a Fobp TPMS and like it...

....but I like the Steelmate TPMS because I may not always have my I-Phone with me. But the Steelmate TPMS display is always there on the bike.
Got it! Thanks.
I'm a FOBO user and one of the things I like is that I can walk out to the bike, check pressures, and fire up the compressor if necessary, without turning on the bike.
I guess if you don't have a compressor in your shop, then finding out on the way to the service station air compressor is really no big deal.
The system is on all the time, but the batteries last over a year so that's not really an issue.
Yes, it requires a phone/app device. I might have to dedicate an older phone to Isleen and just keep it on her at all times running the app.
Doesn't require cell service, just BT.

Cool.

I learned something today. Thanks Will!
Cheers,
Steve