Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
For me the linked brakes are great. Pull front get 66% frt 33% rear not sure where the other 1% goes. Trail brake into a corner (unless you are Big Dawg) 66% rear 33% front. Anyway it works for me.
Gee thanks! I have ridden the F6B and I am a big fan of them. I presently have a Goldwing with ABS but it wasn't by choice. I am a firm believer that someone who truly knows how to use the brakes on a motorcycle, honestly doesn't need ABS. Where the ABS may have an advantage is in the wet, but then we all slow down when the roads are wet. The Wing and the F6 have excellent brakes and they work very well in the proven linked arrangement.

For what it's worth, most of the guys that I ride with are on Hondas. We all used to ride Harleys. I like to tell folks that still ride HD's.."sooner or later you will figure it out" I did.

I'm not slamming HD but who builds air cooled, push rod motors any more? Even their new (water cooled head) is a feeble attempt to try to keep the beast from frying your legs in the summer time. They are a great Bar to Bar bike but if I am going on a cross country trip, it's a NO Brainer. I have a good friend who has a Wing and a Street glide. When he is chasing me in the mountains of the wing, we ride really close to the same pace. When I on the Wing and he is on the Street Glide, he fades from view in my mirrors in a few turns. They simply can't run with the Honda.

As for trail braking, when I am pushing hard in the mountains, I do trail brake (front brake only) into the corners with engine braking. Once again I Never use the rear brake in the mountains.