Possible owner with a few question
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible owner with a few question

Possible owner with a few question

Well,as the title says I am looking at a new bike and right now it's between the F6B or the 2014 Street Glide with NAV. Right now I'm riding a Can Am RS-S and just miss the leaning in the corners. My bike before the RSS was a 07 Street Glide and while I really like HD I'm not married to them, hence the Can Am. Most of the people I ride with have HD's but at this point I'm looking at comfort, power, and fun factor. At the same time safety is important and that's why I bought the Can Am. It appears the F6B is not offered with ABS but I believe the brakes are linked to some degree. Is this true and do you think they will offer a F6B with ABS? And second I was wondering how the radio sounded with a larger windshield? Thanks for the info and I will continue to lurk around trying to gather as much info as possible.

Here is a pic I had of the RSS on the iPad from this years Bikes, Blues, and BBQ rally on the Pig Trail.
    Attachment 2505

if you liked the Harley, you'll love this f6. I rode Harleys many, many miles & this bike has 'em covered. you will be less fatigued on long rides, and WAY LESS up keep. I know. been there, done that h-d thang. you'll love it!

Cool

Raido is fine with a taller windshield....funny there was a big back and forth on another board about this same type question......I went yesterday and looked at the 2014 H.D. models...yes they look very good !!!!! Having said that I ride a F6B !!!! Compare apples and apples starting with $$$$ .....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Yes the F6B can be had for about 5k less than the SG with Nav so that is a big bonus for sure! The power the F6B has to offer out of the box is the second plus. My brothers SG has about 10k in the 103 so I need something that will keep up without investing $ right off the bat. While the Can Am can keep the tail lights in the same zip code I'm afraid the 2014 SG might not off the floor..lol.. He dyno'd his bike this spring and the damn thing put down 129hp and 131tq, but for 10k plus the cost of the bike it should...lol... As for the brakes are they linked on the F6B?

First to your questions.
    Not sure if Honda will ever add ABS to this bike, possible but I don't think so as this is a sport version.

As for the Stereo I swapped out for the Honda Tall shield with vents, I am 6'2 and the height is perfect, I can hear the stereo just fine at all speeds.

And yes the brakes are linked, applying either the front or rear will also apply the other brake at about 30%. Actually this is the hardest thing I had to get used to, the brakes on this bike are VERY GOOD, much better than my VTX, and I had to get used to a light foot on the peddle to keep from whipsawing the spouse into my helmet You are going to just love this bike, more fun than I have had in a while.

Cool

Buy the F6B and see if you B in Law can keep up !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks for the info on the brakes and the radio. That's another thing I miss with the Can Am is the external radio. I've been using my Bluetooth helmet but sometimes it's nice for the driver and passenger to be able to listen to the same thing. I think the linked brakes are a nice option when no ABS is offered. Since the Can Am only has a foot brake I will have to adjust to grabbing the hand brake again...lol... I think I might actually miss the Brembo brakes on this thing with ABS as it will about through you off the front in panic stops. As for keeping up with my brother we rider with a 2012 GW that's is badass but it won't outrun his bike. They are about 25hp short at the rear tire and weigh almost 200lbs more. But again he has 40k in his bike between the bike, motor, and accessories and it's not the normal stock Harley. We also ride with a 2012 Heritage with a stock 103 and the GW will destroy his bike, heck the Can Am will walk on the stock 103. Again thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and if you don't mind I have one more.

Does the F6B run on 87 or does it require super unleaded of 91 to 93?

87 octane and it works great, no ping.
    I have had several HD's including 3 eletra glides turned into street-glides (way before HD caught on) and they are OK but EVERYBODY has one now and they don't handle worth beans. The motor difference is one reason I am on the F6B. I am sick of spending $$$$ to get a Harley to run. My last Electra (Street) Glide was the Undresser 2. 113 inch Kendall Johnson 125HP/135TQ 6 speed hot rod 1998! Street Glides are old news. Don't go back.

fl1madmax

Sold 2011 Road Glide Ultra for F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Webo View Post
    Well,as the title says I am looking at a new bike and right now it's between the F6B or the 2014 Street Glide with NAV. Right now I'm riding a Can Am RS-S and just miss the leaning in the corners. My bike before the RSS was a 07 Street Glide and while I really like HD I'm not married to them, hence the Can Am. Most of the people I ride with have HD's but at this point I'm looking at comfort, power, and fun factor. At the same time safety is important and that's why I bought the Can Am. It appears the F6B is not offered with ABS but I believe the brakes are linked to some degree. Is this true and do you think they will offer a F6B with ABS? And second I was wondering how the radio sounded with a larger windshield? Thanks for the info and I will continue to lurk around trying to gather as much info as possible.

Here is a pic I had of the RSS on the iPad from this years Bikes, Blues, and BBQ rally on the Pig Trail.
    Attachment 2505
    Ive had over 20 scooters, always like the Gold Wing for power and ease of Maintainability, the F6B has the power
    of a Kawasaki Concurs, the Tunes of a Harley , and the GRIN FACTOR of my FZ1, , it will pull the front tire on if you slam second gear, try that with your Harley, Best scooter I ever rode, waiting on Ultimate seat, and V&H pipes, taller shield and tunes including satellite are second to none !!!! LOVE IT , just did my first service, 4 quarts of oil

( Amsoil ) 20/50 and I'm good for 10,000 miles.......

Since 1974

Honda has been refining the goldwing into the finest touring motorcycle second to none!
    The horizontally opposed WATER COOLED motor was designed with endurance/life span in mind.
    I like lots of others on this forum have owned or still own the valkyrie, rune and full touring
    goldwing. I have NEVER had a leak out of any of the flat sixes I've owned and Im talking
    lots of miles on those motors! Absolutely smooth power with NO vibration!
    Ive owned my F6 for 2 weeks and when I ride it I never want to get off of it and
    when I have to get off all I think about is the next ride. It manuvers like a bike
    half it's size!
    I've owned HD's, rode them for 20 years but IMHO HD's were great for their time but their time has passed, air cooled still! You live in a hot area that screams for a water cooled motor.
    As far as being able to run with your HD buds, my buds call me HOGslayer for a reason
    and no I'm not a butcher
    I've rode a hd sg, you'll get alot more bike for your money if ya choose the F6 but
    then I have a serious F6 ocd goin on!