Dealer Damage What Recourse?

Thread: Dealer Damage What Recourse?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was in the automotive dealership for some years working.
    So some technicians are hacks while others take much pride in their work!
    Somethings that also may have contributed to your problem.
    Cost driven shops want production (fast... get it done and move onto the next one)
    Parts counter may have been out of stock on broken piece, but that doesn't seem like that was it because they would've told you.
    Another thing that I learned from recall service that I had done is only goldwing technicians work on f6s.
    So it sounds like a poor work ethic on their part, either look for new dealer to go to or take things in your own hands and fix yourself. Best of luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just an update,

So I stay in contact with the sales guy who sold me the bike. He now works at one of the largest HD shops on the west coast. I txt him and told him a brief explanation of what happened. He immediately called me back and said he was going to call his old boss at the Honda Shop, who is also part owner.

Within an hour I had a call from the shop. I sent them pics of the broken parts. Will see what happens next Tuesday.

Just to clarify, I didn't take the bike in to have work done on it. I usually do all my own work also. I'm like just about everyone else. I don't trust the stealer. I just had them install the backrest on my new bike before I flew 350 miles to pick it up. Looks like they can't even do that correctly.

The owner of the Honda Shop said they were getting rid of the guy who worked on my bike before I picked it up for sure now.
    I don't like to see people loose jobs, but if I were the guys boss, he'd be history.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll see Tuesday of their going to fix me up. It sounded positive, so I have hope the shop will do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RiderRob View Post
    Just an update,

So I stay in contact with the sales guy who sold me the bike. He now works at one of the largest HD shops on the west coast. I txt him and told him a brief explanation of what happened. He immediately called me back and said he was going to call his old boss at the Honda Shop, who is also part owner.

Within an hour I had a call from the shop. I sent them pics of the broken parts. Will see what happens next Tuesday.

Just to clarify, I didn't take the bike in to have work done on it. I usually do all my own work also. I'm like just about everyone else. I don't trust the stealer. I just had them install the backrest on my new bike before I flew 350 miles to pick it up. Looks like they can't even do that correctly.

The owner of the Honda Shop said they were getting rid of the guy who worked on my bike before I picked it up for sure now.
    I don't like to see people loose jobs, but if I were the guys boss, he'd be history.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll see Tuesday of their going to fix me up. It sounded positive, so I have hope the shop will do the right thing.
    Sounds like they want to make it right, we'll see, that guy made himself lose his job by doing shitty work and, more importantly, hiding it from his superiors. Anyone can have a bad day but to hide it. Good Luck