Northeast weather
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Northeast weather

Northeast weather

We're not going to see 60 degrees for about the next 10 days. Totally screwed Spring this year. Chill factor today is 50 with nearly 20mph winds.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    We're not going to see 60 degrees for about the next 10 days. Totally screwed Spring this year. Chill factor today is 50 with nearly 20mph winds.
    50 degree's is great riding weather Duke Just gear up for it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I love the chill factor. It gives me reason to take extra time to relax in bed enjoy a second cup of coffee and

Nothing New For Pa.

June, July and Winter

Returned home from Florida May 1st, only to be greeted by cold, damp, foggy and overcast weather Had a "Frost Warning" mid week to cap things off This is definitely not cycle riding weather! Glad I left my bike in Florida where I hope to return shortly. Playing with the house thermostat the last several days, trying to keep warm, reminded me that I'd much rather be turning the same down to keep cool Should you good folks have a ride ending at the Newfoundland Hotel, I'll just meet you there for a good sandwich

Warm Regards and Safe Riding

bob109

P.S. Not a single day above 65 degrees and lack of sun within the "Seven Day Forecast"

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    June, July and Winter

Returned home from Florida May 1st, only to be greeted by cold, damp, foggy and overcast weather Had a "Frost Warning" mid week to cap things off This is definitely not cycle riding weather! Glad I left my bike in Florida where I hope to return shortly. Playing with the house thermostat the last several days, trying to keep warm, reminded me that I'd much rather be turning the same down to keep cool Should you good folks have a ride ending at the Newfoundland Hotel, I'll just meet you there for a good sandwich

Warm Regards and Safe Riding

bob109

P.S. Not a single day above 65 degrees and lack of sun within the "Seven Day Forecast"
    I have to laugh, my wife and I just got back from some time in Iceland
    We came home to almost the same weather minus maybe the snow[I hope].
    I was amazed on the way to the Airport in Iceland we had sun, light rain, heavy rain, rain and sleet, sleet, heavy and I mean heavy snow, then sun and 60 deg by the time we got there.
    Not your usual global warming.

I understand about the temps...when the wind is around 16, gusting higher, and you have multiple bridges to go over, that changes the ballgame. That brings the one thing about this bike, you get blown around all over the place, and not the good kind. Just don't enjoy that kind of ride.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I understand about the temps...when the wind is around 16, gusting higher, and you have multiple bridges to go over, that changes the ballgame. That brings the one thing about this bike, you get blown around all over the place, and not the good kind. Just don't enjoy that kind of ride.
    My opinion; the F6B can hold its direction in gusty wind a lot better, compared to some other bikes I have had.

Heavy bikes, like my past Triumph 3 and Victory Vision tracked pretty good in the wind as well.

Now my DL650 and my present DR650... get blown around like a potatoe chip

A fork brace does wonders for helping to mitigate that sudden reaction to wind/trailer blast as well, I found the magic in them when I put one on my DL650....

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    My opinion; the F6B can hold its direction in gusty wind a lot better, compared to some other bikes I have had.

Heavy bikes, like my past Triumph 3 and Victory Vision tracked pretty good in the wind as well.

Now my DL650 and my present DR650... get blown around like a potatoe chip

A fork brace does wonders for helping to mitigate that sudden reaction to wind/trailer blast as well, I found the magic in them when I put one on my DL650....
    I love big words like[ mitigate ] It makes me feel even better when I know
    what it means.

Yeah. I have a limited plethora of important sounding words. Sometimes I don't know what they mean

Old Army saying "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with B.S."

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    I love big words like[ mitigate ] It makes me feel even better when I know
    what it means.
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

Yeah. I have a limited plethora of important sounding words. Sometimes I don't know what they mean

Old Army saying "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with B.S."
    I would go to this site, pickup a few phrases, and then toss them out on senior DLA employees and see what would stick....it was really funny.
    http://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce