Northeast weather - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Northeast weather

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I would go to this site, pickup a few phrases, and then toss them out on senior DLA employees and see what would stick....it was really funny.
    http://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html

Cheers,
    Steve
    My office mates and I used the Educational Jargon generator to write reports for the State DOE.

http://www.sciencegeek.net/lingo.html

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

Yeah. I have a limited plethora of important sounding words. Sometimes I don't know what they mean

Old Army saying "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with B.S."
    I recall working on a project and needing a "Hexogonalinvertedstelonoidcamsnapper" to get the task done! Luckily for me, Harbor Freight had them in stock

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    June, July and Winter

Returned home from Florida May 1st, only to be greeted by cold, damp, foggy and overcast weather Had a "Frost Warning" mid week to cap things off This is definitely not cycle riding weather! Glad I left my bike in Florida where I hope to return shortly. Playing with the house thermostat the last several days, trying to keep warm, reminded me that I'd much rather be turning the same down to keep cool Should you good folks have a ride ending at the Newfoundland Hotel, I'll just meet you there for a good sandwich

Warm Regards and Safe Riding

bob109

P.S. Not a single day above 65 degrees and lack of sun within the "Seven Day Forecast"
    Funny thing about That

First let me say welcome home, Bob!

Then let me ask if there's any super natural reason or why the correlation between your arrival and our current weather conditions. It just seems odd that the weather turned so nasty for riding upon your arrival. Maybe it's because you forgot your bike!!
    I personally put close to 2000 miles on my "B" since March. We had a fairly nice April. Even got our first meet, greet and ride from Metamoris to the bakery and up to the hotel in. Now I've put 200 hours in riding the sheets since May 1.
    I must say thank you. I'm well rested now!
    So I have to ask exactly when are you leaving for FL. I'd like to plan a few more warm dry rides before Americade.
    Looking forward to riding with you in the safe months of July and August.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Funny thing about That

Then let me ask if there's any super natural reason or why the correlation between your arrival and our current weather conditions. It just seems odd that the weather turned so nasty for riding upon your arrival. Maybe it's because you forgot your bike!!
    I personally put close to 2000 miles on my "B" since March. We had a fairly nice April. Even got our first meet, greet and ride from Metamoris to the bakery and up to the hotel in. Now I've put 200 hours in riding the sheets since May 1.
    So I have to ask exactly when are you leaving for FL. I'd like to plan a few more warm dry rides before Americade.

Hey BobPenn! I was thinking about you yesterday when I had to use the emergency lane----I mean the shoulder---to get around stopped traffic on the big road. How you been?

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Hey BobPenn! I was thinking about you yesterday when I had to use the emergency lane----I mean the shoulder---to get around stopped traffic on the big road. How you been?
    How much an hour do you charge to listen? You know I'm on a pensioner's budget.

I'm glad to hear you learned something riding with me. It's dangerous to sit in traffic behind those self appointed road blocks.

When are you coming back up this way? The deer, squirrels, raccoons, possums, chipmunks, turkeys, rabbits, and bears miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Funny thing about That

Soon as I get my house on the market I plan on heading south! Lots of "logistics" involved with my move, one of the reasons I left my enclosed trailer and bike in Florida! It broke my heart to do so, but if I yanked it north with me I wouldn't get things done

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    We're not going to see 60 degrees for about the next 10 days. Totally screwed Spring this year. Chill factor today is 50 with nearly 20mph winds.
    78 and sunny here in the Dirty South

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    78 and sunny here in the Dirty South
    You just said that to make us yankees jealous. Enjoy it while you can!
    We're sending 109 back down there. Let your rainy season begin!!

All is right with the world Bob 109 must be in FL.

Today is the start of a forecasted string of perfect riding days. The high today will be in the mid 70's tomorrow in the low 80's and by Thursday a scary high in the upper 80's. Then by the weekend back to the mid 70's.

Excuse me I gotta go. At least 5 carefree riding days a coming and at least 2000 miles planned.

Retirement is hell! Nobody knows, how I suffer, when I think about how I suffer!

I'm booked by family activities through the weekend...figures
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.