Finally did it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally did it

Finally did it

Got a bridgestone potenza pole position rf(36psi).got it mounted at friends shop.ran home put it on and went for a short test ride.really couldn't tell the difference. On the way home I ran across a customer I did work for that runs a full on goldwing.when I showed him what I did his eyes lit up and he began to tel me how has wondered. So to his suprise I tell him go you got ten minutes. Yes I warned him tire might be greasy cause it was not broken in.he gets back and says I couldn't tell.next week I will be doin his.did a ride the next day with a big group of bikes me and the wife ran with the front of the pack and out ran every vtwin and never leaned bike over this far before.the front tire is now worn all the way to the edge!

Good for you! Glad it is all working out well!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Cool

Yup, I had a GL chase me around the mountains of NC last week and he commented on the CT several times. The twistys were wet 50% of the time all without an issue...The guy maybe another convert as well !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Is the CT taller than the stock MC tire? Trying to understand how additional lean angle is achieved.

It was taller than the tire I took of but it was worn pretty bad.I think I was pushing harder in the turns.wife took a ride on a Harley while I played with the boys a bit and I was constantly touching the pegs in corners.never touched them down before. Granted I wasn't leaning as hard as on my r1 but was still very impressed how well the ct handled.and no the wife did not like the harley she said it was cramped and her feet kept sliding off the floor boards from vibration of the motor.but said his stereo rocked.so that will be next.lol

A car tire on the back of a F6B is the cat's meow. Am glad I did it myself.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Is the CT taller than the stock MC tire? Trying to understand how additional lean angle is achieved.
    A Car Tire doesn't need to be taller to give more lean angle, it is the nature of the wider footprint.

As a Motorcycle leans into a corner it's over all diameter gets smaller due to the roundness of the tire. But a Car tire has a wider footprint and although does squish a bit in corners, it doesn't get as small so it in effect raises the rear ever so slightly and equates to a bit more lean.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    A Car Tire doesn't need to be taller to give more lean angle, it is the nature of the wider footprint.

As a Motorcycle leans into a corner it's over all diameter gets smaller due to the roundness of the tire. But a Car tire has a wider footprint and although does squish a bit in corners, it doesn't get as small so it in effect raises the rear ever so slightly and equates to a bit more lean.
    +1 Excellently Explained

So I should run a wider front tire to offset this?was pushing pretty hard doubt I need to go any harder as I was walking away from the vtwins

Or, use physics and geometry....

Say in a left turn:
    - put your chin over your left wrist
    - slide your butt to the left 'some'
    - keep you knees tucked ("hanging off" will get unwanted attention)
    - use your right arm to hold the bike more upright

This will permit you to take the same corner, same speed, but less lean angle.

Taught and practiced in MSF's Advanced Rider Course.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce