Former Goldwing/R1200RT/Victory XCT owners--how was the move - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Former Goldwing/R1200RT/Victory XCT owners--how was the move

I had an RT before my F6B. Completely different ride. It is a sport tourer and does not fit into this class. The reason I got ride of it because it just too vanilla. It had all the bells and whistles but it just didn't do it for me. I am totally satisfied with my F6B. I've put a Corbin saddle on it and I'm comfortable for an all day ride. Touring is not a problem. Ride all the bikes you are considering and make the choice that satisfies you.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

FYI, BMW is coming out with a new RT based off of the new water cooled GS in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    FYI, BMW is coming out with a new RT based off of the new water cooled GS in 2014.
    I think I read the other day that they have put it off for a year.

Thanks all, really appreciate your feedback! Hip surgery coming up in a couple of weeks, then the long recovery. I'll start test riding as soon as the doctors clear me and let you guys know what I think.

From a Interceptor to a F6B...

I had a 2007 VFR800 before getting my F6B. If it were a perfect world, I'd still have it AND the Wing!
    It's definitely a different riding experience due to the size increase. The VFR just goes were you think and the Wing takes a firmer hand but will do what you tell her. The windshield was my first upgrade. I went with a BaggerShield adjustable and love it but do miss the scoop on the VFR. Not a big fan of the back pressure from a solid shield but I'm not done fixin yet. I really miss the VTEC boost of the VFR but the Wing puts a big smile on my face too. I love the F6B and made the right choice (for me!) My girlfriend fussed about me getting rid of the Interceptor, as she thought it was the most beautiful bike ever, and it is gorgeous, but she just LOVES the new bike and it's comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by billv45 View Post
    I had a 2007 VFR800 before getting my F6B. If it were a perfect world, I'd still have it AND the Wing!
    It's definitely a different riding experience due to the size increase. The VFR just goes were you think and the Wing takes a firmer hand but will do what you tell her. The windshield was my first upgrade. I went with a BaggerShield adjustable and love it but do miss the scoop on the VFR. Not a big fan of the back pressure from a solid shield but I'm not done fixin yet. I really miss the VTEC boost of the VFR but the Wing puts a big smile on my face too. I love the F6B and made the right choice (for me!) My girlfriend fussed about me getting rid of the Interceptor, as she thought it was the most beautiful bike ever, and it is gorgeous, but she just LOVES the new bike and it's comfort.
    Oh, I'm definitely keeping the VFR. I love that machine. I can't imagine a better engine for that platform, though maybe one that had a bit more pull, like another 10-15%. That bike is like a swiss watch, everything just works so smoothly. With a suspension upgrade that would be all I would want for the track and day rides. Even weekenders. But not long tours. I did 600+ miles on it in one day and knew that I needed something a lot more comfortable for that kind of work.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    Oh, I'm definitely keeping the VFR. I love that machine. I can't imagine a better engine for that platform, though maybe one that had a bit more pull, like another 10-15%.
    Drop a tooth off the front sprocket You'll get more bugs in your teeth...

Went from a 2011 BMW RT and would never go back. Better power band, less shifting and a lot more comfort.

Richie

I've only own the R1200R, Goldwing F6B and Goldwing. Regarding engine, a Goldwing is a Goldwing so the F6B and Goldwing engine is identical. No guessing games.

The R1200R and R1200RT have identical engines so no guessing... the R1200 engine and the Goldwing engine is similar.

The subtle difference as the F6B is my 5th Goldwing is you consider the Valkyrie, the old bagger version of the Goldwing.

All Goldwings have this automotive engine smoothness to them. To some people, they say it doesn't have any personality or boring to ride, not enough character. The R1200 engine is smooth, but not like the Goldwing engine. Before buying the F6B, I was very tempted to buy the Concour which is the touring version of the Kawasaki Ninja 1400. Then I got the silly idea that the F6B in some was is the 6 cylinder version of the Ninja 1400 or Hayabusa -with the exception... all comfort, large gas tank, mini-windscreen -the perfect non-race bike/race bike. High performance in comfort, torque, longevity, passenger comfort, etc. I was also tempted by the 6 cylinder BMW. In the end the F6B has the proven engine. I've had the BMW R650, R1150, R1200, F800. They are all good bikes, but BMW has quirks. I've had my F6B for over 6 months and no quirks.

The F6B looks like a cross between a bagger, race bike with solid side saddle bags. I was talking to the dealership about sales of the F6B. I saw former posting that the F6B wasn't selling well. It L.A., they are selling like "hotcakes". Cee Baileys Motorcycle Windshields sells more F6B aftermarket windshields than any other after market windshields. Granted other manufacturers including Honda make aftermarket windshields. As of now, the F6B is only rising in popularity.

The Goldwing, R1200 and Victory are all good bikes.. TOUGH CHOICE