Highest odo reading?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Highest odo reading?

Highest odo reading?

I know some GWs go high mileage but this F6B has not been out that long. Who has some big miles and how many have you logged? I'm a measly 17K.

No one has hit 100K yet, but there are two forum members I know of above 60k.
    I'm at 52k.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I just turned 70,500 on my 2013. Hopefully 100,000 in 2 more years

70 plus. That is pretty high. Mostly trouble free I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    70 plus. That is pretty high. Mostly trouble free I hope.
    I can't see these bikes not going 200K and better with good maintenance.
    Had a couple of Valkyries that didn't look or feel any worse for ware at 100K.
    It was the same with them change the oil and brake pads and a mess of tires.

I will roll over to a mere 10k sometime this week. No rush to spin up the odometer for me. I ride when I want to/feel like it.

It will be beautiful here all week...yet, I will probably only ride to work once or twice.

One of the reasons I bought this bike is that I could keep it 20 years and it will still be in good shape if I maintain it and keep it out of the sun for long stretches (one of the reasons I do not ride it to work every day, plus it is a pain in the ass).

I have a feeling this bike will age well (from a style and mechanical perspective).

A redesigned Gold Wing that doesn't look like a slightly modernized 80s touring bike with cruise, ABS, modern stereo, and lots of adjustability for comfort might get me to make a move.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I will roll over to a mere 10k sometime this week. No rush to spin up the odometer for me. I ride when I want to/feel like it.

It will be beautiful here all week...yet, I will probably only ride to work once or twice.

One of the reasons I bought this bike is that I could keep it 20 years and it will still be in good shape if I maintain it and keep it out of the sun for long stretches (one of the reasons I do not ride it to work every day, plus it is a pain in the ass).

I have a feeling this bike will age well (from a style and mechanical perspective).

A redesigned Gold Wing that doesn't look like a slightly modernized 80s touring bike with cruise, ABS, modern stereo, and lots of adjustability for comfort might get me to make a move.
    I do more miles than you....so far, but I don't see myself setting any records, not in this area of the country. I see this as my last bike....it should outlast me if I take care of it! Slow start because of weather this year, but as of this week, I should start ramping it up. A family graduation this weekend will delay me a bit, but I can't wait to roll out steadily.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

No problems at all. Change oil every 5,000 miles, change gear oil every 10,000 miles, Change front tire at 17,000 miles. Rear tire change at 35,0000 miles. Only added cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by glryder98 View Post
    No problems at all. Change oil every 5,000 miles, change gear oil every 10,000 miles, Change front tire at 17,000 miles. Rear tire change at 35,0000 miles. Only added cruise control.
    Two things stuck out to me in your reply. 35k out of the rear? Is that a CT? The cruise control...what are the details?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Yes darkside rear and Rostra cruise control. Cost for cruise is about 350 - 400.00. Add another hundred if you use goldwing right side control to look like factory.