Highest odo reading? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Highest odo reading?

What's the big deal with how many miles you put on your bike. What's important to me is where you've been, what you've done, what you've seen, who you've met, and maybe what you've eaten along the way.
    Yes, it can be a barometer of whether you're only a biker wanna be or if your a true biker enthusiast, but riding in circles just to say I've got the most miles seems like rushing to put the last nail in your loved ones coffin.
    I think it's agreed the Goldwing is a minimum 100,000 + mile bike with minimum maintenance! That's at least 10 years of service for the average rider. Don't rush it enjoy your life!

The milage only tells you when to change the oil or whether you're riding your brakes too much!

2013 with 54.7K miles. I "Double Dark Side"! 53.6K miles between two General G-Max (combined) and approximately 40K miles on two Bidgestone BattlAx BT-45's. I have two G-Max in reserve and expect to reach 100K "Double Dark Sided

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    What's the big deal with how many miles you put on your bike. What's important to me is wear you've been, what you've done, what you've seen, who you've met, and maybe what you've eaten along the way.
    Yes, it can be a barometer of weather you're only a biker wanna be or if your a true biker enthusiast, but riding in circles just to say I've got the most miles seems like rushing to put the last nail in your loved ones coffin.
    I think it's agreed the Goldwing is a minimum 100,000 + mile bike with minimum maintenance! That's at least 10 years of service for the average rider. Don't rush it enjoy your life!

The milage only tells you when to change the oil or weather you're riding your brakes too much!
    Riding in circles just to say I have the most miles???

No, you're understanding this wrong. I'm only speaking for myself, but I'm not riding JUST to say I have a lot of miles.

I'm riding BECAUSE I FREAKIN LOVE EVERY SECOND OF MY LIFE ON THAT BIKE and that gives me a lot of miles.

Why would you knock people with a lot of miles? Besides, some of us don't have to winterize our bikes.... (where is that smily thingie)

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post

No, you're understanding this wrong. I'm only speaking for myself, but I'm not riding JUST to say I have a lot of miles.

I'm riding BECAUSE I FREAKIN LOVE EVERY SECOND OF MY LIFE ON THAT BIKE and that gives me a lot of miles.

Why would you knock people with a lot of miles? Besides, some of us don't have to winterize our bikes.... (where is that smily thingie)
    Teach! You have to forgive Bob Penn! One who "dens' with the bears" for six months and puts his 6 on the road whenever Wood Chuck Phil see's or doesn't his shadow is not "right with the world"! At least Bob likes "apple pie"

Stop personalizing. The caption of this thread is "Highest odo reading?" like the highest will win something.

I'm not knocking anybody except maybe those who use their bikes to go from their house to the bar and back running up high odo numbers for bragging rights.

I'm certainly not talking about you. You've gone places, seen things, done things and even met things. You have stories to tell. Your travels prove you usually have a destination in mind when you ride. I didn't know your milage was such a badge of honor to you.

By the way I don't winterize my bike!! I rode at least one day a month every month for at least the past 20 years. I just pick my days carefully I don't have to ride. I ride when I know I'll enjoy it, not to prove anything. There are far too many pleasurable things in life that can be done inside when the weather outside isn't perfect!

At my age the milage comes no matter how hard I try not to encourage it!!

Bob please stop trying to ruin this thread with your bad crotchety attitude. Just trying to have a little fun and talk about riding and our bikes that we love, no prizes given. A little knowledge about how long one can expect this bike to go trouble free might be gained. You don't like to talk about high mile odos then move on and complain about something else somewhere else. Don't even read it if it is making you angry. Please thank you. So far looks like just over 70k is tops. I have almost 120k on a 05 Yamaha Venture and it still works well but does not compare to this F6B in power or handling.

Change of plans, now a prize is offered to the F6B with the highest odo reading that attends this years rally. Yep! http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...590#post148590

And remember "if you ain't having fun stop doing it."

GaTeach
    Yeah, you made me think and I have to say, yes, my mileage is a badge of honor for me.

I think it is such a great testament to the F6B that a chick can ride over 60,000 miles in a year and ten months......16,000 in a month and a half last summer.....747 miles in one day....

And not one of those miles is me and SG riding around in circles just to put miles on!!!!

Yeah. I'm proud of Sweet Georgia. Extremely.

Yeah, you made me think and I have to say, yes, my mileage is a badge of honor for me.

I think it is such a great testament to the F6B that a chick can ride over 60,000 miles in a year and ten months......16,000 in a month and a half last summer.....747 miles in one day....

And not one of those miles is me and SG riding around in circles just to put miles on!!!!

Yeah. I'm proud of Sweet Georgia. Extremely.

Yep a great testament for anyone, not for just "a chick" Besides riding around in circles is still riding and so is riding to a bar and back, neither of which is likely to amount to very many miles. I do them all, several hundred each week with the local chapter of the Southern Cruisers, several road trips each year and yes around in circles because it fells good sometimes in a smooth parking lot and good practice also I think if you imagine cones or spots to go around. I do have a windshield free bike for T to T rides. (Tavern to Tavern)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    What's the big deal with how many miles you put on your bike. What's important to me is wear you've been, what you've done, what you've seen, who you've met, and maybe what you've eaten along the way.
    Yes, it can be a barometer of weather you're only a biker wanna be or if your a true biker enthusiast, but riding in circles just to say I've got the most miles seems like rushing to put the last nail in your loved ones coffin.

The milage only tells you when to change the oil or weather you're riding your brakes too much!
    Riding in circles? haven't been anywhere? Let's see...... In the last year I have been to Sturgis. Americade in Lake George NY, Bikes Blues and BBQ in Arkansas, Wing Ding in Reno Nevada, Daytona Beach Bike week, And 1 trip to Texas just to visit family. The bottom line is I love to ride my motorcycle any time and any where. Mileage just happens to be a badge of honor.