Highest odo reading? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Highest odo reading?

Uh oh....

I sense impending 'moderating' required.....

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I got the prepaid maintenance so I'm sure this isn't a complete list. I take her to Cycle World and I pick her up.

I'm on my fourth set of tires. First two sets were Stones. Now I have The E4s.

Third air cleaner. Had an incident with a rat's nest about a year ago.

MANY headlight bulbs.

Front wheel bearings

Steering head bearings

I'm on my third battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Most of what you listed is normal, but "many headlight bulbs" and "3 batteries" is not. You might want to have someone else check out your electrical system.
    I'd start with the power coming out of your headlight socket and maybe the output of your alternator. Knowing your odo your bike doesn't sit around long enough to kill batteries and bulbs unless they are faulty to start. Maybe there's too much power going to the light and thus blowing the bulbs. Then again maybe it's just one of those southern belle accessory you might have added like an electric hair dryer or window air conditioner.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

53000 smiles A little about those miles...
    2013 standard bought 03/13, been to 2 of our rallies in Franklin, 2 trips to Fl keys, many trips to Fl east coast, 2 trips to the Carolinas and Tenn,
    solo trip to Connecticut, been to about 18 of our Fl ride to eats (great way to meet people and get some miles and ooohh eat some great food)
    No problems with bike at all, on 4th set of tires, replaced air filter with K&N way back, replaced plugs with iridium's way back, 3rd set of
    headlights(by choice went to HID then to LED), change oil every 5000 with Rotela T6, final drive every 2nd oil change, coolant and brake fluid
    at 25000. getting ready to do again this weekend. changed front and rear brakes around 30000.
    Lots of great scenery and memories, looking forward to many more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Then again maybe it's just one of those southern belle accessory you might have added like an electric hair dryer or window air conditioner.
    The only Southern belle accessory I'm carrying is a Ruger LC 9. You've seen it. I thought I was going to have to use it that day in the Delaware Water Gap when you and that Yankee in the minivan were having a "discussion" about right-of-way.

Then I found out that yelling at each other in the middle of the road is just what Yankees do. Who knew???

Quote Originally Posted by firetech View Post
    53000 smiles A little about those miles...
    2013 standard bought 03/13, been to 2 of our rallies in Franklin, 2 trips to Fl keys, many trips to Fl east coast, 2 trips to the Carolinas and Tenn,
    solo trip to Connecticut, been to about 18 of our Fl ride to eats (great way to meet people and get some miles and ooohh eat some great food)
    No problems with bike at all, on 4th set of tires, replaced air filter with K&N way back, replaced plugs with iridium's way back, 3rd set of
    headlights(by choice went to HID then to LED), change oil every 5000 with Rotela T6, final drive every 2nd oil change, coolant and brake fluid
    at 25000. getting ready to do again this weekend. changed front and rear brakes around 30000.
    Lots of great scenery and memories, looking forward to many more.
    Now your a riding, talking, and a eaten!
    It was interesting about what you fed your bike over the years but could you give me more details on what and where you ate in Key West? Is the Turtle Kurrels still there. Did Jimmy buy the whole place? Is the Live Bar still sharing the parking lot. Are they still offering a Key West dozen oysters (16) for $1.50?
    Now that brought back some happy memories!
    Damn, I had some low ODO readings back then.

Just 4100KM on my 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    The only Southern belle accessory I'm carrying is a Ruger LC 9. You've seen it. I thought I was going to have to use it that day in the Delaware Water Gap when you and that Yankee in the minivan were having a "discussion" about right-of-way.

Then I found out that yelling at each other in the middle of the road is just what Yankees do. Who knew???
    Oh you were miss led my child! That was no Yankee that was an out of state New Yorker!
    I just can't stand people telling me what to do or forcing me to ride at 10 miles an hour down a winding road that begs to be ridden at 60!
    Do you remember that road? They just repaved it. Now, just last week in fact, on my way to the bakery I proved 70 is possible. You know at my age I have to travel at that speed to get my ODO up so I can brag and still have time to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alys View Post
    Just 4100KM on my 2016.
    Welcome to the site. I look forward to hearing about your adventures and travels in Jordan! Please remember to include what you eat along the way. Your culinary variety would really interest me.

I met a young lady (25) yesterday riding a SFV-650 with 70K at 18 months! The lady works about three jobs and does her own oil changes!!! I did turn her on to Rotella as she was paying $60 for a gallon on oil?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have a friend that has put ALOT of miles on bikes over the years. He is always quick with a joke or words of wisdom. I guess he's had a lot of time to think while riding so much. A few of us were sitting around one day talking about how many miles he and others have ridden and he had some "wisdom" that I thing may apply well to this thread. He said some people ride 5k a year and some ride 50k a year. All that matters is that they both enjoyed those miles the same.