So the other night I take the GF up to Ponder, Texas to the Ranchmans Cafe for some greasy protein....i.e....steaks. With just the stock midget shield and the "back" rest which is really a pelvic rest, after going about 60 miles we get there and we needed a hot tub and a rub down. Her back is wasted having fought the wind due to the midget stock no-shield. So this morning I hit Lowe's and figured I could make an extension for a less than the one that some Honda dealer sells for $150. Bought a piece of 6"x18"x 1/16" steel sheet. Took the bracket that holds the back rest to the base unit and decided to lay it out on the steel plate. Cut the plate to 3.5 inches wide x 18" and then cut that piece in half to make it 3.5 x 9 inches. Then took those two pieces, put them together, and put the bracket on the bottom. That gave me a piece a bit over 1/8" thick which is thicker than the stock bracket. Put it in the vice and drilled for holes for the back rest up top and 4 holes at the bottom for the stock bracket. It raised the back rest 5 inches and now it hits close to the middle of the back and she's got some relief and can sit back there and relax. I could have made it even higher after putting it on since the 1/8" steel extension is rock solid. After the next outing, we'll see what she has to say about the position on her back and I can go higher if needed. If this one works, I'll get it powder-coated. Bought a set of 4 6mm bolts, lock washers and nuts to attach the original bracket to the extension. Total cost for the extension was about $9.00 and maybe one hour of my time at work today. Thought I'd pass this along if your passengers are needing some relief. Mine did. I'll get some photos up if anyone's interested in a look/see.