Alternative Givi Rack

Thread: Alternative Givi Rack

Alternative Givi Rack

Since SW-Motech is out of the F6B racks from Germany for over 2 months, I ran across this one at Adventure Moto in Carson City, NV. This one will bolt on top of my rack from Dale. The bottom plate is the same 3/16" powder-coated rack and on top of that one is the 1/8" rack the Givi Monokey case will fit onto. The top rack can be taken off the bottom rack and bolted onto the "Dale" rack. What is shown is $124.95 and free shipping. Excuse the lousy photo as I took it from their website, put in Photobucket and attached here. This one is made for the V-Strom but since the bottom rack is flat, it's a no-brainer to either attach to my rack or just attach the small top rack to mine.

Circle-5

Photo

How were you able to include a photo attachment? Are you a professional coder or programmer, or do you have a degree in computer science?

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    How were you able to include a photo attachment? Are you a professional coder or programmer, or do you have a degree in computer science?
    He used "PhotoBucket" for picture storage and linked it using the following:

[IMG]http: //i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/Grainfed/IMG_0016_zpsj3ytytic.jpg[/IMG]

Normally there wouldn't be a 'space' between the 'http:' and the double slashes, but if I leave it there, obviously it will throw the picture up instead of you looking at how it happened....

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Correct. Thanks 53. When you upload images to Photobucket, you then click the photo and it goes to your album. Click it again and it shows up by itself. On the right are 4 boxes and you left click the bottom IMG box and it is copied. Go, i.e., to this site and when you want to show the image, right click your rat..........and "paste" the IMG code to the message. When you are finished, you hit "Submit Reply" down in the right corner and photo appears. I had to take a photo of the rack on the amoto site and upload it to photobucket to show it here.

Circle-5

Photobucket

Thank you both. I would have never thought of this clever workaround ...

Twisted throttle sells the GIVI kits (2-3 different ones), 2 rear pins & front lock w/ all bolts, bumpers & misc H/W. I think it's $30, it might take a phone call to get just the kit.