Motorcycle insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle insurance

Motorcycle insurance

57 years old, riding a 2016 Deluxe with about 20 years on two wheels. Using Markel Insurance Company, about $758.00 per year with a $375.00 deductible, 100/300 Liability blah blah blah. Four payments per year

Just got the bill today and thought it was kind of high, called my insurance rep that I use for house and cars. The rep gave me two quotes, Progressive and some other but both were over $950.00 for a single payment plan. $500 deductible.

Made a claim two years ago with Markel after I side swiped my brothers Mercedes, (long story)...Service was good.

Might be worth a call, Markel Tel: 800-236-2453.

I have no affiliation with any insurance company or would I want too...
    When we remember that we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained... Mark Twain

So far, no one has come close to State Farm. We've been with them 23 years plus my wife's time before marriage (6 years)
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

All insurance companies just plain"suck"!!!..Rates are out of control in most states and here in Michigan we are forced to pay into the biggest "BS" scam called catastrophic coverage that raises rates over 40%...This stupid fund now has over $18 billion dollars in it and no one in our capital knows how to use the money!!!...Our roads are some of the worst in the nation and the "asshole" law makers sit in Lansing and scratch their balls with no clue how to use this money....I do find although, that State Farm is fairly competitive in this area and I have been with them for almost 40 years....Ride safe

Hard to compare insurance from one place to the next. Location makes a big difference. I pay like $500 per year for full coverage on 2 bikes. $500 deductible with no deductible on accessories and clothing. I don't recall all the specifics. I previously had Progressive and when I bought the F6B they tried to clown me on a rate. I got both of my bikes with the same coverage for less than I was originally paying with Progressive when I called Geico. Been with them now since. That was just about 3 years ago.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Just renewed with Progressive $316 for the year. Surprised it did not go up after my tangle with the pallet which caused a little over 5k in damage. They were great taking care of the problem.

Progressive charges me $500/year with a $1,000 deductible for a clean record in the PRK and 40 years riding.

Guess I need to shop around before renewal comes up.

My previous Vision was @ $800/year.

I'm switching to Geico this week. I'm currently with progressive on 3 bikes for $66 a month. Geico goes down to $60 a month but my coverage is higher and I get extras like roadside, lower deductible, $5k in accessory coverage.

I'm adding two teenagers to my policy on my cars and Geico was $330 a month for auto (that's 5 total drivers in the house with 3 of them teenagers). USAA was quoting $760 a month adding the kids. Same coverage - $430 more.

So I think I'm going to move everything to Geico. I'm told their app makes claims and customer service very easy.

I wonder how guys with collections like Jay Leno insure all of their toys. They must either be self insured or get some sort of fleet pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    I wonder how guys with collections like Jay Leno insure all of their toys. They must either be self insured or get some sort of fleet pricing.
    If I had his money I would be self insured, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Umbrella policy?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537