torq loopz

Thread: torq loopz

torq loopz

Has anyone put these on without having to take the exhaust loose from the headers? Such as using a grinder wheel? If so, any videos?

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrader View Post
    Has anyone put these on without having to take the exhaust loose from the headers? Such as using a grinder wheel? If so, any videos?
    It can be done, but is a pain in the a$$. You better have some good, thin cut-off blades, a bike lift is a big help to get all around everything and measure twice to cut once.

I have a MC lift and started to do my loopz that way, but after taking a real good look at the set up... removing the headers is a safer and really faster way to go IMO. Removing the headers is not a hard job and I did NOT replace the exhaust crush washers, they re-sealed up just fine.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Good to know. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    It can be done, but is a pain in the a$$. You better have some good, thin cut-off blades, a bike lift is a big help to get all around everything and measure twice to cut once.

I have a MC lift and started to do my loopz that way, but after taking a real good look at the set up... removing the headers is a safer and really faster way to go IMO. Removing the headers is not a hard job and I did NOT replace the exhaust crush washers, they re-sealed up just fine.

I tried, but the 4" cutoff wheel is too small to cut all the way thru, and a recip saw would be dangerous with the frame right there. Save yourself some time and just drop the headers.

Mike