Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
The problem with Harley is getting the positioning right. One tooth up on the shaft put the heel shifter too high. One tooth down and it is sitting on the floorboard and will not shift. I just never cared for them.

I have not looked closely at the Kury setup for the Wing to see if there is a similar issue.

I do know that when I had " ghost shifting" issues with my '12 Wing, downshifting from 5th to 4th gear on its own, the dealer told me Honda would not warranty the problem if I had installed a H/T shifter.
The Stratoliner had a similar positioning flaw, but I was able to adjust the 'shifter to trans' rod enough to allow a 1 notch 'drop' of the heel lever. Result was both H and T were low but functional / easy to use without a lot of 'dancing'

The Kury H/T has no adjustment. I have my mini-boards tilted with the leading edge lower than the trailing edge. Intent is that the H will be within easy elevation and T won't be much higher tha what I already have.

Most of my shifting 'shortcomings' are on the upshifts. (1-2 worst) Floppin my foot on top of the shifter during a downshift has always been EZ.
I must have lazy toes....

I can understand why Honda 'woudn't warranty a Trans with a H/T' (I work in the Warranty business, and it's never quite as 'clear cut and dried' as stated, but I get the meaning behind it.)

OPINION: The GL-1800 shifts smooth as butter when new. I believe there are cases where time goes by without proper care/maintenance of the shifter system. Compound that with a 'less than stellar' H/T system that's been equally neglected,,, less than 'correct' user input... Burnt/bent forks and ghost shifting wouldn't suprise me at all.

Honda made their shifter system so they pretty much have to stand behind it. If you add something that ends up having a detrimental effect on a Manufacturers Product, that damage is not covered by Warranty.

Now, if I only had a dollar for each time I've had to type that same last sentence out to a Customer,,, =)