What kind of Wax do you use? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What kind of Wax do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Quartermain View Post
    New guy here with my 2 cents. I have been using a product called Collinite 835 for years and it is unquestionably the finest stuff I've ever used. It was originally designed to coat electric wire insulators from the elements and is UNBELIEVABLY long lasting, as per it's intended purpose. It goes on like butter and wipes off just as easy, with no color transfer to the cloth, as it is not really a wax, but more of a sealer that allows bugs and brake dust to just wipe right off. It is available at Advance Auto or online. Try it, you won't use anything else!
    Ditto on the Collinite 835 "Insulator Wax." I have used it since the very early days of the Valkyrie. I use other waxes as well, but I believe the 835 is the longest lasting with the best protection that I have tried.

2016 F6B Deluxe Matte silver
    i use Rat Wax for my bike works great easy to apply and clean , bought a kit that included individual (sealed) packets that don`t take up any room and are great for trips and bug removal

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    NOPE! LG is not available to me in DC/VA/MD thru Advance Auto. When I try to order it on the Advance website and deliver to my home, the order will not go thru. And it comes up as not available an ANY local store. Same for carquest... There is a can of it in a Cortland NY store.... probably an error because its not in any other store in that area. Seems suspicious all around to me. There is nothing that states that it is not available in all states. Seems like this product is having distribution issues.

But today it comes back as available on Amazon.
    I can't find this stuff anywhere, including Amazon, Advanced Auto Parts, ebay, etc. I also called the Liquid Glass company today and their 800 number is disconnected and no one answers their local line.

Liquid Glass Appearances

Quote Originally Posted by jbongo View Post
    I can't find this stuff anywhere, including Amazon, Advanced Auto Parts, ebay, etc. I also called the Liquid Glass company today and their 800 number is disconnected and no one answers their local line.
    A week ago it appeared on Amazon -- seems to be from the company in NJ that makes it... So I got two 16 oz cans.
    The 800 number is dead, The website now has their phone number at a NY number
    201-387-6755

Wax

Mentioned this before I believe..., I've got a matte grey "B". Maguires Quick Detailer ( purple bottle ), Maguires Ultimate Quick Detailer ( black bottle ). Not a wax, polish...