Weather strikes again
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather strikes again

Weather strikes again

Another ride ruined by Mother Nature tonight. Wait all day then we get downpours. Loving it. No big mileage year this season.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Another ride ruined by Mother Nature tonight. Wait all day then we get downpours. Loving it. No big mileage year this season.
    This is the first bike I have ever owned; that I don't fret over... if I get caught in the rain. Though purposely riding into anticipated rain does suck.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Getting caught and watching a downpour before you even get to it are two different things. It was a supper ride with others, not the kind of night I need to get soaked for. Disappointing still. It was a great day until one hour before work ended.

You know what they say about someone who hasn't got the common sense to come in out of the rain.
    I'm sure glad to hear some of my friends have the common sense not to go out into it.

Why subject yourself to the equivalent of waterboarding?

Like the song says "the sun will come out tomorrow," tomorrow or maybe they meant to say next week.

Look at my forecast for the next 5 days...I don't know where it's coming from....see you next year

Look at my forecast for the next 5 days...I don't know where it's coming from....see you next year
    See you at the Rally

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Sounds like a good reason to move. (BTW---I spent my time in New England back in the winter of 1972-73) The only advantage of living there is the cheap auto insurance and taxes. Oh WAIT! never mind
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Sounds like a good reason to move. (BTW---I spent my time in New England back in the winter of 1972-73) The only advantage of living there is the cheap auto insurance and taxes. Oh WAIT! never mind
    Nice....pour salt in the wound! There isn't a cloud in the sky right now....let's see around 4.

Nice....pour salt in the wound! There isn't a cloud in the sky right now....let's see around 4.
    Here is a look at Pismo Beach about 3 miles from my house 6/02/17 11 AM and where I'll be in about an hr.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

It's the rainy season here in FLA...and not soon enough, we have been so dry the fires are crazy! We have a thunderstorm and a lighting bolt starts a fire. We need a hurricane to get caught back up with the rain we need!

I ride at night during this time of year, so I leave about 8-9 pm and ride for a 100 miles or so. At least I'm not wet from sweat!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com