Another Pleasant Surprise
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Pleasant Surprise

Another Pleasant Surprise

I haven't had the need to take the left side cover off (battery side) until today. I recently purchase a new battery tender and was going to put the tender pigtail on, and dang, it already has one on it. Cool!
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I guess the dealer installed it but forgot to stick it out of the cover so you can see/use it
    Ride it like you stole it

Cool

Had to be dealer...not from factory.....I guess that is for the folks who can't ride in the winter???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I guess I have a Honda F6B BDN? Black Deluxe North!
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Had to be dealer...not from factory.....I guess that is for the folks who can't ride in the winter???

Oh...Steve...that is so wrong. That battery tender pigtail is there so that you CAN ride in the Winter. It gives the rider a place to plug-in their Gerbing Heated Clothing.

pig tail

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I haven't had the need to take the left side cover off (battery side) until today. I recently purchase a new battery tender and was going to put the tender pigtail on, and dang, it already has one on it. Cool!
    i always install battery leads on all the bikes i sell. sorry that it was not sticking out were you could see it. we always try to make it easy for the customer to maintain there battery's. a lot of starter and solenoid failures are from low voltage. dale

Quote Originally Posted by hondabikepro View Post
    i always install battery leads on all the bikes i sell. sorry that it was not sticking out were you could see it. we always try to make it easy for the customer to maintain there battery's. a lot of starter and solenoid failures are from low voltage. dale
    Thanks Dale!
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Piece O Cake

I live in th frigid brrrrrrr north and installed my Battery Tender pigtail this afternoon. No such luck that the dealer would have installed one at setup time. Oh well, it took about 5-6 minutes since the battery is exposed and access is really easy.

I also installed one on my 2012 Vmax. This install was a big pain in the "ars" as the battery is very buried and 9 bolts to remove from awkward spots where if you drop a fastener it will disappear into the abyss never to be seen again. My god, the wiring, tubes and plumbing concealed by all those covers is mind boggling. It is a mechanical/electrical miracle that all this crap functions as well as it does.

It makes me nostalgic for the days when my bikes were primarily old ratty magneto fired Sportsters that had but 3 wires on the whole bike.

My brain functions well with just 3 working synapses so maybe I'm doomed to ride old Sportsters again at some point----

Quote Originally Posted by hondabikepro View Post

So...Dale...how was the ride to Orlando ????? I checked the weather, and it looks WARM there.

BTW, that was a low-down-dirty-trick to take off and ride to Florida, when my bike is inside your shop, all torn apart, and I cannot ride it.
    Real sneaky way to pour on the miles, when your customer is down and out. I guess some guys will do anything to have more miles on their bikes than me...but I will catch up...even if it means riding in lightning storms again

Hey, pay close attention to the weather when you leave Florida, as it appears that the southern midwest is full of bad storms for the next several days.

And let US know when you are home safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Oh...Steve...that is so wrong. That battery tender pigtail is there so that you CAN ride in the Winter. It gives the rider a place to plug-in their Gerbing Heated Clothing.
    I always use the SAE plug for my Cyclepump. I wouldn't have a bike without one (the SAE plug or the Cyclepump I mean).