2013 F6B at dealership - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 F6B at dealership

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    I did pay more for my Black F6 at my local dealer than HOR but my local dealer TAKES CARE OF ME and has for years. A good relationship with your local dealer is worth a lot of $$$.
    I agree! It doesn't hurt. Got a good deal in the process, too ($17,200+300= $17,500 out the door) because I gave him my business over the years and I will give him more business in the future. Good relationship goes both ways, especially if you're into a long haul.

$16k is pretty killer. I paid $17,900 for mine with ~750 miles on it as a dealer demo and was pretty thrilled with that.

$16995 OTD for a new Deluxe (last month...)

Just get a few dealers fighting (via email) for your business and you'll get a better price. I found a dealer listing new Deluxe models on cycletrader for $16995 (the FL dealer) He also had them on his website for that price but both prices went to 19K a few days after I saw it and started talking to them. The saleman laughed a little when I asked about the price increase and said Honda wasn't to fond of them advertising that price and they got their hand slapped but it what he was selling them for.

Well FL was a long drive for me so I started shopping around, asking who would match $16995 and found the other two. Paid $16995 (not including my local sales tax which Alabama is going to get regardless! They added that on and gave me a check for the DMV) I ended up getting mine from Lawrenceville Honda as they were the closest to B'ham AL and I got my previous bike there and I'm kinda sorta loyal. They had a red one left when I pulled away from the dealership but I got the last black one. Jeff Kennedy is the guy to speak with there.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Found a Deluxe w/995 miles, at a dealership for $15,995.00 Sounds like a good price, wish I was ready. Black
    I stopped by my local dealer yesterday. Their Deluxe models were tagged @ $16,499 plus $1K delivery/dealer prep plus TTL. They said it would be under $19K OTD with TTL.

Is that a good price considering state tax is @ 10%?

I feel that's a very good price.
    Jakec

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    I stopped by my local dealer yesterday. Their Deluxe models were tagged @ $16,499 plus $1K delivery/dealer prep plus TTL. They said it would be under $19K OTD with TTL.

Is that a good price considering state tax is @ 10%?
    Cost of Bike $16,499
    Dealer Prep $ 1,000 (negotiable)
    10% State tax $1,750

---->>>>> = $19,249

How much is the Title fee in California? $200 ???
    How much is the license fee in California? $300 ???

My math says maybe under $20K out the door?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Cost of Bike $16,499
    Dealer Prep $ 1,000 (negotiable)
    10% State tax $1,750

---->>>>> = $19,249

How much is the Title fee in California? $200 ???
    How much is the license fee in California? $300 ???

My math says maybe under $20K out the door?
    I wish dealers would just list the OTD prices and be done with it. The salesman just had the $16,499 and under $19K OTD figures. The $1K dealer prep was on the stickers split into 2 under the normal prices. To get it under $19K, they must be cutting into some of the dealer prep charges.

I asked them about the 2014 models and they had no information to offer.

Stopped at a Honda dealer in the Twin Cities today. '13 Deluxe, 800 mile demo ridden by someone in the dealer, 17,500. but said he could do better, said Honda has a 1,000.00 rebate this month?, could get me 3 months delayed payment. Wish it wasn't the beginning of January in Wisconsin, wish I was ready and I don't think that it is that good of a deal that I would want to look at it for appx 4 months.

Thoughts ?

Well, $ 16,500.00 for a relatively new bike...800 miles of demo riding, still have a full 3 years unlimited mileage warranty, and the first payment is delayed for 3 months. Not bad, but if he will sell it for a flat $ 16,000.00, I say go for it. Keep in mind that if your state charges a sales tax, you are only pay tax on that lower amount, or...the difference of what you would owe if you were to trade something in. Sounds like the dealer is really wanting to sell this bike, as he knows the 2014 bikes will be delivered very soon. See if he will accept an offer for an even $ 16,000.00, and if not...walk out...and let him call you next week, or two weeks from now, and then he will accept your offer.

Will sleep a couple of times on that , thanks Miles.