Done it now! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Done it now!

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    My tire says 2 ply sidewall. I did bump it another 1/2 today & firmed up the shock 5 clicks Monday. Felt good today. I hate to say it, but the only ill effect I've really noticed is it's easier to stand it up off the side stand now. Otherwise I'm greatly impressed!

Mike
    Those whom don't get it... Don't get it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I was one of those guys. Of course, on my HD I was getting 20k from tires, so no incentive to go DS. I honestly expected low speed handling issues, but there's been none really noticeable.

Mike

So glad you are happy with it!

I'm one of the ones who, as Will puts it "doesn't get it."
    I'm trying to find engineering data on lateral sidewall strength - I'm not easy on my tires.

Still looking....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Relevant Information

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    So glad you are happy with it!

I'm one of the ones who, as Will puts it "doesn't get it."
    I'm trying to find engineering data on lateral sidewall strength - I'm not easy on my tires.

Still looking....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    The key to a successful Dark Side Transition is, first having as much relevant information as one can find and digest. Only then is one confident and "at ease" with their decision. HAVING PEACE OF MIND BEFORE PULLING THE DARK SIDE TRIGGER is highly recommended. Once the trigger is pulled, ones seat of the pants experience and experimentation with air pressure (sweet spot) will usually "seal the deal" There is absolutely "no harm" in trying something out only to find one doesn't like the experience and returns to a cycle tire Folks have different preferences to/for cycle tires! Throwing a CT into the mix, for nothing more than a experimental try, will cause no harm. Maybe a few bucks wasted that could have been spent on "Fine Spirits"

It's well worth the 100ish bucks as an experiment IMO.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    The key to a successful Dark Side Transition is, first having as much relevant information as one can find and digest. Only then is one confident and "at ease" with their decision. HAVING PEACE OF MIND BEFORE PULLING THE DARK SIDE TRIGGER is highly recommended. Once the trigger is pulled, ones seat of the pants experience and experimentation with air pressure (sweet spot) will usually "seal the deal" There is absolutely "no harm" in trying something out only to find one doesn't like the experience and returns to a cycle tire Folks have different preferences to/for cycle tires! Throwing a CT into the mix, for nothing more than a experimental try, will cause no harm. Maybe a few bucks wasted that could have been spent on "Fine Spirits"
    Bingo! And I'm not there yet.
    Maybe too much time as the Quality Assurance Officer and senior check pilot for big ass helicopters? I dunno....

I'm working it though....
    Cheers,
    Steve

PS - there shall ALWAYS be fine spirits in my bar and flasks, regardless of what tire I'm riding!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Maybe too much time as the Quality Assurance Officer and senior check pilot for big ass helicopters? I dunno....

Cheers,
    Steve

PS - there shall ALWAYS be fine spirits in my bar and flasks, regardless of what tire I'm riding!
    I think at the upcoming Rally... us Darksiders need to conjure up a support session; or an intervention for Steve. For someone whom piloted a contraption that was not meant to fly; (Helicopters can't really fly - they're just so ugly that the earth immediately repels them) a car tire on a motorcycle should really be a piece of cake for him....

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Cheers,
    Steve

I'm with you there Steve except I have tried it and I am luke warm on it. I am currently Darkside on my Valkyrie. It will remain so until I wear it out, but I don't know that another car tire will find it's way back on there when that time comes.

On the B I have ridden pretty aggressively with some friends on their Wings where a couple ride darkside. Just my observation, but coming in very hard on some decreasing radius corners, their bikes seemed to be pushing a bit in the corners where I easily held my line. Now this was at rates of speed that most sane people are not riding at, but it was just an observation that jives with my own personal experience with riding darkside.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Corners with ball centered.

Truthfully- without a lot of fanfare I wish the car tire would be explained .
    I am sure it is not the money, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by thumper 549 View Post
    Corners with ball centered.

Truthfully- without a lot of fanfare I wish the car tire would be explained .
    I am sure it is not the money, what is it?
    Not sure what you're trying to convey. As you know (or should know) attachments on this site do not (nor possibly will never) work.

Please use a third party pic hosting site and unveil your presentation(s)

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537