I have been to Barber many times (my oldest son has raced there many times when he was in WERA and the AMA) and it is always a worthwhile trip for me. When I was there back in the early summer, the curator told me that Barber is the largest motorcycle museum in the world with many unique and one of a kind motorcycles. Presently they have over 1,300 bikes they are currently adding about 2 bikes a week to their inventory! They also proclaim that they have the largest collection of Lotus Race cars in the world. There are also plans in the very near future to expand the Museum over the race track for phase 2. The race track and the grounds around the facility are also extremely impressive. It is like the Disney World of motorcycling. The collection has grown so large that they cannot house all the bikes! The bottom floor is their restoration facility, complete with a full blown machine shop, sheet metal shop, and paint facility.

I will almost bet that any motorcycle that you ever owned, you will find one at Barber that is the twin to it. If you hustle through the museum, it will take a 1/2 a day! That means that you would have to look at 5~6 bikes a minute, not counting the cars and all the M/C art and related items. You really need to plan for a full day.

George Barber is an impressive collector!

It will blow your mind!