Barber Motorsports Vintage Festival - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barber Motorsports Vintage Festival

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Mike, this would make a great place for an F6B gathering for next year.

Think about that...and "possibly" organizing it.

If you do...I "will" be there. You have my word on that !

Great idea, if I can add to it ....

Labor Day Weekend is when many can get 3-4 days off from work to attend a Rally. Just a suggestion...... meeting at Barbers on Thursday around 11-12noon , departing from Barbers around 3-4 pm and arriving in Franklin around 8-9 pm ??? Enjoy the Smokey mountains Friday, Saturday and Sunday or ....... departing Franklin on Sunday around 8 am for Barbers Museum, arriving around 1-2 enjoy the museum and then a nice evening at a nice restaurant, departing monday morning for home ..... just a suggestion.

I have heard that this is a "MUST SEE" museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post
    Great idea, if I can add to it ....

Labor Day Weekend is when many can get 3-4 days off from work to attend a Rally. Just a suggestion...... meeting at Barbers on Thursday around 11-12noon , departing from Barbers around 3-4 pm and arriving in Franklin around 8-9 pm ??? Enjoy the Smokey mountains Friday, Saturday and Sunday or ....... departing Franklin on Sunday around 8 am for Barbers Museum, arriving around 1-2 enjoy the museum and then a nice evening at a nice restaurant, departing monday morning for home ..... just a suggestion.

I have heard that this is a "MUST SEE" museum.
    I am all for having the rally HQ in Franklin on/around Labor Day again. Barber could be added as a stop before or after or even a day ride during the Rally. Could be kind of a "riding rally". I was just thinking anyone coming near Barber Motorsports or even within a few hundred miles of it should visit. The first day of/before the rally would be my choice. It is an easy ride from TX, GA, NC, FL,OH, WA and the lower mid-west but I am not the guy to plan it. If you remember, the 1st Rally was in my back yard and I was only able to spend 2 hours there! The only reason I came was to see if some of you thugs actually existed. I have an interesting job but need to be really flexible and balance riding with family, as most folks have to. It is all I can do to break away for Sturgis every year and I sometimes have to fly out to work for a few days during that. This is why I rode 400 miles to Barber spent 4 hours there and rode 400 miles back the same day. I am an instant opportunity rider. Ya'll plan it and I will try to come for a little while.

I have been to Barber many times (my oldest son has raced there many times when he was in WERA and the AMA) and it is always a worthwhile trip for me. When I was there back in the early summer, the curator told me that Barber is the largest motorcycle museum in the world with many unique and one of a kind motorcycles. Presently they have over 1,300 bikes they are currently adding about 2 bikes a week to their inventory! They also proclaim that they have the largest collection of Lotus Race cars in the world. There are also plans in the very near future to expand the Museum over the race track for phase 2. The race track and the grounds around the facility are also extremely impressive. It is like the Disney World of motorcycling. The collection has grown so large that they cannot house all the bikes! The bottom floor is their restoration facility, complete with a full blown machine shop, sheet metal shop, and paint facility.

I will almost bet that any motorcycle that you ever owned, you will find one at Barber that is the twin to it. If you hustle through the museum, it will take a 1/2 a day! That means that you would have to look at 5~6 bikes a minute, not counting the cars and all the M/C art and related items. You really need to plan for a full day.

George Barber is an impressive collector!

It will blow your mind!