Lower Cowl Wind Deflectors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower Cowl Wind Deflectors

Lower Cowl Wind Deflectors

Does anyone have any experience with deflectors that keep the wind and maybe rain off your feet? It's that time of year...

I use Gortex wind/water proof boots but that's probably not the advise you were looking for. LOL

No experience but I found some here:

http://wingstuff.com/products/1050-a...ccessories-f6b

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    No experience but I found some here:

http://wingstuff.com/products/1050-a...ccessories-f6b

I believe that anything made by Bruce and Barbara Baker (Baker Built Products) is an excellent product. They have been serving the motorcycle riding community for a long time.

Yet...as my colleague 1951vbs stated, I too use waterproof boots...have forever...and would not ride without them.

I use these:

Attachment 2621

Here is the link: http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/h18fw.html

They do help, however I do wear waterproof boots too.

I usually wear Tourmaster boots (ankle high style) but eventually get cold feet. I think if I could just keep the wind off my feet I'd be a little more comfortable. Already have a heated vest and pants, and with the heated grips I am toasty otherwise!

Second best feeling in the world...

db24...I can tell you...as one of the most experienced riders on this forum, that the second best feeling in the world is to have your toes/feet get warm and toasty when riding on a cold day.

Think about Gerbing heated socks...that would plug into your heated pants liner.

That's what I like about the right gear, when it rains, I don't have to stop, when it's cold I plug in and layer up, always have the waterproof boots on, if you don't have gerbing socks and your feet are freezing, pull into a walmart and go to the hunting section and buy some battery powered heated socks. 1 D cell lasts all day. I always carry a pair in the winter, most days I don't wear the heated pants, just fleece long johns under the riding pants.

Dry Feet

My sister and husband just introduced me to a great and inexpensive product! "Spider Feet" are just the ticket for keeping your feet dry. They are rubber soled and light weight and cost $24.00 from the manufacturer. Easy to store and supplied with a "carrying pouch", they take up little room in the saddle bags.

Here's some info!

http://www.spiderspromotions.com/Pro...piderFeet.aspx

Waterproof Boots

Most people on this forum have their "favorite" pair of riding boots. I am not going to try to change anyones' mind about a pair of boots that they love.

But this is what I am currently wearing when I ride:

http://www.danner.com/boots/kinetic-...orm-boots.html

In my 43 years of riding, almost 2 million miles of riding, I have gone through a lot of boots...some good...some bad. It gets to be expensive when you buy a pair of boots that you "think" are going to be THEE ones, and then find out they do not work for you.

I believe I have finally found THEE pair. I wear these on all rides, short and long distance. They work great in the rain...even severe downpours, as they are indeed 100 % waterproof. However, they are also vented, so they are not too hot to wear. Riding through St. Louis this year, when it was 108 degrees out, my feet did not suffer. Riding through bad rain at the Tennessee/Kentucky state line, my feet were dry.

And, these boots survived a lightning strike. How many of you can say your boots did that ??????

I like these boots so much, that when I got home from North Carolina, I went back to the same store, bought a second pair on sale, and now have an extra pair for Winter riding. Key here::::::: Buy a second pair that is 1/2 size larger than you would normally wear, so that in the Winter, you can wear a heavier sock, or an electric sock, and they still feel the same as your Summer pair of boots, with a lighter sock.