Revco Pegs More Purple than BLACK - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Revco Pegs More Purple than BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by YODA View Post
    The only other real complaint is the inability to deploy them on the fly. I liked the idea I read on another thread of installing a nut on the bottom in order to hook your boot sole to open while riding.
    Yoda, I have an idea for you on that. Pretty much, by accident, I discovered that a small "dot" of 3M Dual Lock material solved this problem. I'll explain...rather than having to drill and tap a hole to screw in a bolt, I decided to try some Dual Lock. If you're not familiar with it, it's an industrial-strength hook & hook material made by 3M. I stuck a dot of it on the underside of the peg tip and also stuck a small rubber tab on another dot of Dual Lock and pressed them together. This resulted in something that looked akin to the bolt with acorn nut approach but was a rubber tab instead. Unfortunately, the rubber tab side fell off and that left me with just the small dot of Dual Lock on the peg. To my surprise, that was all I needed to be able to open and close the peg with my shoe. Apparently, the hook surface alone of Dual Lock provides enough friction to enable opening and closing with just the top of your shoe. Sometimes, our best ideas are the result of an accident and that's exactly what happened here.

Smile

The pegs have grooves machined on the underside. Pegs are designed to be opened and closed while riding, I do mine all the time. The trick is to reach under the peg with your toes and pull them outwards.

This isn't very intuitive. I asked the Rivco Owner at Wing Ding this year and he showed me how to do it. Now, it is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    The pegs have grooves machined on the underside. Pegs are designed to be opened and closed while riding, I do mine all the time. The trick is to reach under the peg with your toes and pull them outwards.

This isn't very intuitive. I asked the Rivco Owner at Wing Ding this year and he showed me how to do it. Now, it is a piece of cake.
    Are you referring to the long slot that runs the entire length on each peg? Otherwise, I see no "grooves" on my pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Are you referring to the long slot that runs the entire length on each peg? Otherwise, I see no "grooves" on my pegs.
    Yes, that 1/4" groove is what you are supposed to flick with your toe. It doesn't work for me either. Maybe if pound a finishing nail in the toe of my boot. To me it is no big deal to reach down to deploy the pegs. I love my Aero Pegs! They look cool and work as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    They are anodized and although black ano is usually black to start with is turns foggy and discolors pretty quick. That is one reason I purchased silver ano and also I wanted to satin finish my exhaust.
    Did you or could you post a pic of your silver anodized Aero pegs?
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow