Highway lights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Highway lights

Highway lights

I need lights that light the side when in a turn or when making a 90 degree turn. I understand that someone makes a light that mounts under mirror/turn signal housings???? I'm a X lifelong Harley rider, I can't tell you how happy I am with this bike!!!!!!!!!!! I had lights that worked well on my last Harley that mounted on the Forks, I need some help, Thanks Garylee

Quote Originally Posted by garylee View Post
    I need lights that light the side when in a turn or when making a 90 degree turn. I understand that someone makes a light that mounts under mirror/turn signal housings???? I'm a X lifelong Harley rider, I can't tell you how happy I am with this bike!!!!!!!!!!! I had lights that worked well on my last Harley that mounted on the Forks, I need some help, Thanks Garylee
    One x lifelong Harley Rider to the other. Welcome to the F6B. Fantastic machine. I put Bike MP3 960 LED lights in my lower cowl. Lights up the sides and front like daylight. Don't know how to send you a link but Pete on this forum sells them. Check them out. Dickie

Another up for the 960 cowl lights.Awsome light output.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Where are you guys mounting your switch and what switch are you using? I already have a toggle that I drilled into the left side control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    Where are you guys mounting your switch and what switch are you using? I already have a toggle that I drilled into the left side control panel.
    The 960 kit comes with an OEM-style switch that mounts in the left side panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    The 960 kit comes with an OEM-style switch that mounts in the left side panel.

In "my" opinion, I would NOT use the OEM Honda style switch for these lights. The 960 lights from BikeMP3 are great lights, and they put out all the light that you could ever want. Once you install them, you will be raving about them.

BUT...the Honda OEM switch is another issue. I say...buy the Electrical Connection switch...the one with the Green lighted switch, and use that instead.

WHY...you ask? Because the Honda switch stays lit all the time, whether on or off, and the switch itself is a little stiff...does not click on or off as nicely as it should. But the EC switch operates very smoothly, and the Green light is only ON...when the lights are ON.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/...-gl18-gen5.jpg

thanks for the info

My riding Bud Jim Bob 1 said I could find out just about anything I needed thru you guys, Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    BUT...the Honda OEM switch is another issue. I say...buy the Electrical Connection switch...the one with the Green lighted switch, and use that instead.
    Sparky--You'll get no argument from me on that. In fact, I'm going to order one of those for myself today. Thanks for that great suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Sparky--You'll get no argument from me on that. In fact, I'm going to order one of those for myself today. Thanks for that great suggestion!

Just trying to help yet another Southern brother, with things that us Northern brothers already know...