Highway lights - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Highway lights

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Just trying to help yet another Southern brother, with things that us Northern brothers already know...
    The gentleman from NC yields to your superior ego, I mean intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    The gentleman from NC yields to your superior ego, I mean intellect.

That is what I "love" about you Southern Gentlemen...satire disguised as humor.

That is what I "love" about you Southern Gentlemen...satire disguised as humor.
    Perhaps this is a good time to stop trying to be humorous and just say, with all sincerity, how much I really do appreciate all your valuable contributions to this forum. I know many others join me in this. Thanks, Miles!

I Agree!

Perhaps this is a good time to stop trying to be humorous and just say, with all sincerity, how much I really do appreciate all your valuable contributions to this forum. I know many others join me in this. Thanks, Miles!
    Absolutely agree, reading Miles' comments made me learn a thing or two, for example I never really considered RDL until now, I also added HID lights and will not add high beam HID's but maybe LED's, etc. and maybe I will someday try to do a 2,000 mile day! On the second thought probably not...

+10!

Cool

OMG..... the guy gets hit by lighting and his head does not explode...NOW blowing up his ego will make it explode !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    OMG..... the guy gets hit by lighting and his head does not explode...NOW blowing up his ego will make it explode !!!!
    Now that's funny!

In "my" opinion, I would NOT use the OEM Honda style switch for these lights. The 960 lights from BikeMP3 are great lights, and they put out all the light that you could ever want. Once you install them, you will be raving about them.

BUT...the Honda OEM switch is another issue. I say...buy the Electrical Connection switch...the one with the Green lighted switch, and use that instead.

WHY...you ask? Because the Honda switch stays lit all the time, whether on or off, and the switch itself is a little stiff...does not click on or off as nicely as it should. But the EC switch operates very smoothly, and the Green light is only ON...when the lights are ON.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/...-gl18-gen5.jpg
    My switch with green indicator light arrived while I was in Daytona so I installed that this afternoon. You were right, Miles, this is definitely the way to go. Now, I don't have to wonder if my 960's are on or not. That OEM-style switch is, by comparison, a piece of junk.

My only complaint is that the switch arrived with a connector included but not attached. As a result, it's not completely plug-and-play. Unfortunately, there are NO instructions included and it's not simply a matter of matching wire colors because there are no matching wire colors . So, with only 3 wires to figure out I began to experiment. Congratulate me! I only blew 1 fuse before I figured it out . At any rate, if anyone else buys this switch from EC, here are the connections:

Red wire from switch to Brown w/Blue Stripe wire on plug

White wire from switch to Brown w/White Stripe wire on plug

Black wire from switch to Green wire on plug

Hope this makes the job easier for someone else!

Clearwater LEDS ?

Anyone using the Clearwater LEDs (or have any personal experience with them)?

The new 2" diameter DARLAS are supposed to put out 2,000+ Lumens per light and are dimmable.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Anyone using the Clearwater LEDs (or have any personal experience with them)?

The new 2" diameter DARLAS are supposed to put out 2,000+ Lumens per light and are dimmable.

TIA
    I had a F800GS with Clearwater Krista lights with dimmer installed. Superior quality product, highly recommended.