Highway lights - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Highway lights

http://www.clearwaterlights.com/infopg_darla.html and they come in Chrome.....Where do I sign !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Mine came with instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    My switch with green indicator light arrived while I was in Daytona so I installed that this afternoon. You were right, Miles, this is definitely the way to go. Now, I don't have to wonder if my 960's are on or not. That OEM-style switch is, by comparison, a piece of junk.

My only complaint is that the switch arrived with a connector included but not attached. As a result, it's not completely plug-and-play. Unfortunately, there are NO instructions included and it's not simply a matter of matching wire colors because there are no matching wire colors .

Hmmmm......the one I got from them came with wiring instructions. Are you sure you didn't throw the instructions out with the box?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Hmmmm......the one I got from them came with wiring instructions. Are you sure you didn't throw the instructions out with the box?
    Well, it's possible I missed it but I searched through the packaging pretty well. Actually, I thought about PM-ing you since you had already done the install but with only 3 wires to sort out, I figured I could get it done. I was pretty sure that green was ground and brown/white was power but it was the brown/blue that I wasn't sure about. Once I sorted that out, it was smooth sailing. Miles, you probably know this but I'm assuming there is already a relay buried in the bike so this after market switch is simply triggering the relay and not carrying much current.

Since there has been quite a bit of discussion concerning the 960 lower cowl lights from BikeMP3, this seems to be a good thread to share some additional details on that product. First, we all seem to agree that these lights put out a LOT of light. Pete, from BikeMP3, was really responsive as I was questioning him on some technical details of that product. What I found caused me to appreciate him and this particular product even more. Here is a little summary of the specs he shared with me:

The bulbs are CREE 10-watt bulbs with a color temp of 6000K. Power consumed per bulb is 1A @ 12VDC. The waterproof rating is IP67. Light output is 960 lumens per bulb.

From that brief summary, let me add a couple of notes...CREE LED bulbs are some of the best in the business. We should expect 30,000+ hours of useful life. The total light output of 960 X 4 = 3840 lumens is, shall we say, more than adequate

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Since there has been quite a bit of discussion concerning the 960 lower cowl lights from BikeMP3, this seems to be a good thread to share some additional details on that product. First, we all seem to agree that these lights put out a LOT of light. Pete, from BikeMP3, was really responsive as I was questioning him on some technical details of that product. What I found caused me to appreciate him and this particular product even more. Here is a little summary of the specs he shared with me:

The bulbs are CREE 10-watt bulbs with a color temp of 6000K. Power consumed per bulb is 1A @ 12VDC. The waterproof rating is IP67. Light output is 960 lumens per bulb.

From that brief summary, let me add a couple of notes...CREE LED bulbs are some of the best in the business. We should expect 30,000+ hours of useful life. The total light output of 960 X 4 = 3840 lumens is, shall we say, more than adequate
    Thanks for the nice write up and just a note all our lower cowl lights currently have 20% off if you use the code LIGHT20 at checkout on our website

Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    Thanks for the nice write up and just a note all our lower cowl lights currently have 20% off if you use the code LIGHT20 at checkout on our website

Just placed an order< thanks Pete.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post

Thanks for the discount Pete, just ordered up a pair, they look like great lights, looking forward to getting them.