I just returned from a extended ride that lasted 20 days and 7800 miles. Before the ride, even though my current Elite 4's at about 6,000 miles had a lot of tread remaining I made the decision to put on a new pair of tires. I saved the take-offs to reinstall at a later time when the new tires wore out. I rode everyday of the 20 days and I am very satisfied with the performance of the elite 4's. Estimating the amount of tread left on a tire is at best inexact but the rear tire seems to have about 65% to 70% of tread left on it. The front tire as is usual shows even less wear.

The tires handled superbly in virtually all conditions. I have had reservations about the wet weather ability of this tire because the tread is not really very aggressive. I encountered rain on five of the twenty days and the tires performed very well even in very heavy downpours at interstate speeds. The elite 4's also performed excellently on all road conditions including several miles of gravel I encountered because of road construction in Wyoming.

To sum up my feelings The Elite 4 is a very good tire and I plan on continuing to use them in the future.

My F6B also performed superbly and I feel this is the best motorcycle I have ever owned.