New LED Head Lights

Thread: New LED Head Lights

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Hmmmm very interesting.I will now have to maybe wait and see before I do the HID's now that these are available.
    Ride it like you stole it

led lights

I wonder how this would work as a high beam replacement?

Nice find, Steve! This looks very interesting. I really like the idea of cutting your stock wattage roughly in half but almost doubling your lumen output . The specs on this ad appear quite reasonable with 25 watts generating 1800 lumens (only 72 lumens/watt). Based on this info, these bulbs could possibly be a good upgrade for our hi-beam halogen bulbs. I already have LED hi-beam bulbs (10 watt bulbs with 800 lumens) so I may give this a shot myself to improve down-the-road projection. It would be good to know the color temp of these bulbs, hopefully not > 6K, to get a good color-match to HID lo-beams. Whoever installs these first, please be sure to give a review.

That's a bunch of stuff to wad up behind the speakers or tie up in the open space behind the low beams.
    Don't want to think about what happens if the fan fails .

Cool

Yea!!! The Fan !!!!!! Makes me think there is ALOT of heat to require their own fan ?????????????????

Saw that as well...... I am happy with my current set up so some one else will have to blaze the trail on these !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Only lower power led's are "cool".
    The high wattage Cree's require significant heat sinks and circulating air to keep from self-destructing.
    Like any solid state device they fail instantly with no warning.

I have been running these in the high beam for a couple of months. Incredibly bright to look at. Actually you can't look at them. You can be seen a very long way away. I did not install the fan.

No good in low. The diffuser takes too much away from the intensity of the LED.

Here are the EC style LEDs installed in high and low beams. Creates an interesting pattern.
    F6B_LedHeadlights.jpg

I think the LEDs will be a great option for focused lenses.
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black