Rush Pipes Installed - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rush Pipes Installed

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Does Rush weld a bar across the tail end of the baffles?

Saw that somewhere, but can't recall for sure it was Rush.
    Yes, Rush has a good, stout bar welded across the tail end of the baffle. It looks strong enough to handle any pulling force you could apply to it.

I also just got off the phone with Rush. Asked the guy if they'd recommend using some anti-seize to make future baffle removal easier. He said he'd never heard of it but that it couldn't hurt anything and he did admit that after a while, they can be stuck quite firmly. Nothing I hadn't already figured out but it is the common sense answer. I'll be going the anti-seize route.

It is usually carbon build up that holds in tight. Spray some carb cleaner in there and typically they break free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rick
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    2013 F6B
    2004 Rune
    1999 Valkryie

Are these Rush Slip-ons equal to the stock pipe length? Price?
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKBETTY12 View Post
    Are these Rush Slip-ons equal to the stock pipe length? Price?
    The pipes are a bit shorter and do not quite reach the end of the bags. I'll be posting some pictures next week after I get the new Madstad windshield mounted and post pics of that too. I got mine for $479.95 at Phat Performance (www.phatperformanceparts.com). Rush Racing does not sell direct but suggested several online dealers that I could use. To save on shipping, I picked the closest one. Phat Performance is in southern Calif. and was great to deal with. The pipes were drop shipped straight from Rush to me. Wingstuff does not carry this line of pipes. If checking out these pipes on line, look for those for the GL1800. Those are what's used for the F6B.

Attachment 2646

They are a tad short but I like how they look. Rush is supposed to have a new longer tip any day if no already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    The pipes are a bit shorter and do not quite reach the end of the bags. I'll be posting some pictures next week after I get the new Madstad windshield mounted and post pics of that too. I got mine for $479.95 at Phat Performance (www.phatperformanceparts.com). Rush Racing does not sell direct but suggested several online dealers that I could use. To save on shipping, I picked the closest one. Phat Performance is in southern Calif. and was great to deal with. The pipes were drop shipped straight from Rush to me. Wingstuff does not carry this line of pipes. If checking out these pipes on line, look for those for the GL1800. Those are what's used for the F6B.
    Thank you Bruce! Remember to post those pictures when you have a chance!
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

I would have to see what type of tip extension they come out with to extend the end of the exhaust past the side bags. Being shorter would promote drone!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuvwj View Post
    I would have to see what type of tip extension they come out with to extend the end of the exhaust past the side bags. Being shorter would promote drone!
    They hardly drone at all compared to the Cobra 6x1's or whatever they call them. Dickie

I would like to have zero drone. I will still wait for their longer tips