Thread: F6B Break-in period

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deb99 View Post
    Which is the lemon?
    LOL!!!! Doesn't matter--- I like both!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.zeroto60times.com/body-style/motorcycle/

The GoldWing does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. The F6b is a lot lighter.
    the Kawi Concurs 14 does it in 3.1 seconds. That is a Superbike with luggage. Not same category.

That being said, I came off a Honda RC51 and had the same experience. But a few weeks in, you do get your heart racing, just differently.

Don't race Bimmers, race Harleys.
    2016 Honda F6B Deluxe . Matte Pearl White . Klock Werks Fairing

Quote Originally Posted by cruzdog954 View Post
    http://www.zeroto60times.com/body-style/motorcycle/

The GoldWing does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. The F6b is a lot lighter.
    the Kawi Concurs 14 does it in 3.1 seconds. That is a Superbike with luggage. Not same category.

That being said, I came off a Honda RC51 and had the same experience. But a few weeks in, you do get your heart racing, just differently.

Don't race Bimmers, race Harleys.
    F6B 0-60 is 3.3 sec per Cycle World.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

MCN has the F6B at 3.8 secs 0-60 and a 12.0 second quarter mile.

Despite the similar performance numbers, I am guessing the Kawi, considering the nature of the bike, feels a lot faster. Power delivery with the flat-six is more like an electric motor with gears.

I am sure the Concours is a blast to ride; just not my style. I would more likely drift towards a Chieftain than in the other direction (sport-touring). I would still like to try one sometime.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

f6b break in

I have to ask did you test ride the f6b,I know some dealers don't allow and that's crap.Anyway all of the replies are very accurate.I rode Kaw crotch rockets for years and they have strong engines.The Connie not much different than the those.I actually steered stepson to a good used one and yeah it gets up and goes.Having said that the f6b may become acquired taste.I can't believe how this bike grew on me,it just does everything well except backing the girl up.I suggest give it more time and I'm thinking wife or gf will like riding this.good luck

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blk6bgg6 View Post
    I have to ask did you test ride the f6b,I know some dealers don't allow and that's crap.Anyway all of the replies are very accurate.I rode Kaw crotch rockets for years and they have strong engines.The Connie not much different than the those.I actually steered stepson to a good used one and yeah it gets up and goes.Having said that the f6b may become acquired taste.I can't believe how this bike grew on me,it just does everything well except backing the girl up.I suggest give it more time and I'm thinking wife or gf will like riding this.good luck
    No, did not test ride. I am yet to come across a dealer that allow test rides. Nevertheless, like you said, F6B might really be an acquired taste whereas the C14 was such a beast. Planning on enjoying F6B as much as I can this season, and will be even trying to get some longer rides in. Wife not into riding which is why I did F6B. Thx for input, and keep safe.
    2016 F6B
    2011 C14
    2003 C10