F6B Break-in period - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F6B Break-in period

The only thing I don't like about the F6B is how easily it will scrape the pegs. I don't like scraping pegs; if at all.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    The only thing I don't like about the F6B is how easily it will scrape the pegs. I don't like scraping pegs; if at all.
    I put titanium pucks on my pegs, With the Progressive front end and the Arnott air ride in the rear, Mine doesn't scrape as easily. Add a little body english , and riding technique and scraping can be held to a very minimal occurrence. But yes, if I am pushing her she is going to scrape. But it now happens at higher rates of speed.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Over 28,000 miles and I haven't scraped a peg yet. My boot touched once, kinda like seaweed hitting your foot in the ocean...ok, call me grandma
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I put titanium pucks on my pegs, With the Progressive front end and the Arnott air ride in the rear, Mine doesn't scrape as easily. Add a little body english , and riding technique and scraping can be held to a very minimal occurrence. But yes, if I am pushing her she is going to scrape. But it now happens at higher rates of speed.
    I did this to my new Kinetic pegs that I installed; in the hopes of preserving them (see below link):

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...hlight=Kinetic

I think rider pegs on the F6B should be deemed as a consumable...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Over 28,000 miles and I haven't scraped a peg yet. My boot touched once, kinda like seaweed hitting your foot in the ocean...ok, call me grandma
    11,500, and I haven't either. I continue to get a little more comfortable each time I ride, so I'm guessing it's inevitable.

I once scraped a boot too...making a sharp left with my heel on the peg and toe under shifter.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by deb99 View Post
    I figure there is a break-in period, but it really is extremely slouchy right now. Thx for input.
    Did you mean "couchy" ? I could certainly see that.

Welcome to the B Hive, by the way.

I ride a work FJR13 all day... 5 speed model. And the motor is powerful the acceleration is brilliant, but after 10 hours a day you're tired.

The F6 you point, engage cruise, and relax, I still catch myself cornering too hard occasionally with an odd scrape and a bellow from SWMBO, hopefully the full progressive upgrade will alleviate that slightly. Different horses for courses I guess.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blk6bgg6 View Post
    I have to ask did you test ride the f6b,I know some dealers don't allow and that's crap.Anyway all of the replies are very accurate.I rode Kaw crotch rockets for years and they have strong engines.The Connie not much different than the those.I actually steered stepson to a good used one and yeah it gets up and goes.Having said that the f6b may become acquired taste.I can't believe how this bike grew on me,it just does everything well except backing the girl up.I suggest give it more time and I'm thinking wife or gf will like riding this.good luck
    No, did not test ride. I am yet to come across a dealer that allow test rides. Nevertheless, like you said, F6B might really be an acquired taste whereas the C14 was such a beast. Planning on enjoying F6B as much as I can this season, and will be even trying to get some longer rides in. Wife not into riding which is why I did F6B. Thx for input, and keep safe.
    2016 F6B
    2011 C14
    2003 C10

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Man, I must live in a bubble or haven't ridden enough bikes. I think the F6B is damn fast. It stunned me when I got on it the first time and was to 60 in what seemed like an instant.

Of course, I have only ridden an old GS650, two 1100 VStars, a Pacific Coast, and a CC Tour. Perhaps my frame of reference is way off.

Are these other bikes (Concours, Hurricane) really that much faster?!? If so, aye carumba!
    YES!!!
    2016 F6B
    2011 C14
    2003 C10

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Did you mean "couchy" ? I could certainly see that.

Welcome to the B Hive, by the way.
    LOL !!!! Maybe I should really have said couchy since I sometimes feel like falling asleep.... especially when cruise is on...
    2016 F6B
    2011 C14
    2003 C10