Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
What is the current best tire to buy?
Do you use the run flats?
Will a motorcycle dealer mount the Dark Side tire?
How does it handle compared to a motorcycle tire?
Is it better or worse in the twisities?
Is it better at high speed on the highway?
Is it better or worse in the rain?
Is there more or less tire noise?
Do you run Dark Side on both front and rear?
Do you use it all the time or just on long trips?
What tire pressure do you use?
Don't think there's a best. A lot has to do with what's available. Assymetric tread and uniform across the tread is what you want. Many tires are doing like a three pattern tread, no good for the scooter, cause the ride would change from left turn to right.

I've not tried a RF yet, but would next time for comparison, plus the added safety if I pick something up.

Damn unlikely a franchise dealer will mount it unless you tell him it's going on your trike. My local Indy mounted it no questions asked.

I noticed very little difference in handling, which surprised me. It does wallow around on roads that the tracks are sinking a bit.

I don't notice any significant difference in the twisties when aired up right. You won't scrape the pegs as easily tho.

I think it's great in the rain, and It's runs like a champ on the highway, in town, or the curves, no complaints.

I don't notice additional road noise, I'm only DS on the rear, and she's mounted on the only rim I have, so all the time.

I started at 40psi, upped it to 41, then settled on 42. She wallowed around if I dove into a corner at first. But at 42, it's minimal. Keep in mind, a RF doesn't need as much air, stiffer sidewalls. They run 4 ply, mine is 2 ply.

Google Darkside motorcycle on the web, good site for info there.

This is my first experience on the DS and was very apprehensive, but I had no choice due to my MC tire not showing up in time for a trip. I'd done previous research and was fairly comfortable, but still nervous. Damn glad I did it! Good luck!

Mike