I have a DS on a VTX 1800 with lots of miles, can't seem to wear it out. I'm not concerned with handling too much as it has a raked and extended front end and is terrible anyway. It looks really good on this semi custom bike. I will not put a CT on my F6B, the smoothness and flow it takes curves is not something I want to lose, I love it. The main advantage in a CT is long tread life although it is harder to spin off the line so maybe more traction on the straight-a-way. The biggest disadvantage is how you lean a little and nothing, then lean some more and wow a lot of turn. Not uniform and even like a round sided tire. I think this is easy to understand if you look at the edge compared to the even curve of a MT. I also believe you have to lean more to get the same turning effectiveness and I believe I have suffered more front tire wear, although nothing compared to what is saved on the rear. (on 3rd front to one rear CT.) You do get used to it and it is not nearly as noticeable after a while. I don't usually post in CT threads but you said only if you have tried it. Additionally I will not argue or debate about it this time, just relating my experience and opinion. Having two rims you are in an excellence position to give it a try, I sure don't think you will blow up or even endanger yourself or anyone else.