Nor Cal Saturday Lunch Ride - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nor Cal Saturday Lunch Ride

What a pleasant surprise when Miles pulled up this morning to join our little group ride! Good to see Bruce and Phil again, and meeting Jesse. I'm waiting patiently for the posting of the photo taken by "Tall Red" (Phil's wife Mary). Fantastic Autumn weather, wonderful day!

Nor Cal Lunch Ride

Good to see everyone again, meet Jesse, and what a surprise....Sparky! It was good to see him and the bike up and running again. We had a really nice meet-up for coffee and then a great ride up in the foothills. Afterwards, my local BMW riding club invited us to a backyard BBQ. Great time all around! We will have to do this again real soon!

Here are several photos from today.Attachment 2981Attachment 2982Attachment 2983

Thanks to Phil for putting together a great day. He arranged perfect sunny weather with temps starting in the high 40's and rising to the low 70's. It was really good be surprised by Miles and to see him back in fine form. His adventure could have had a much less happy outcome. Riding the Sierra foothills with good folks on our F6Bs, priceless.

I live in SoCal (Lakewood) We need to do a half way ride....What do you think????

Just letting the Eldorado Hills Gang (all of them are related to the original Hole in the Wall gang), that I made it home safely, at 1:00 pm on Sunday.

Oh...thank goodness for Gerbing Heated Clothing. It got down to 27 degrees today in southern Oregon, in a freezing fog. I was warm and toasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Just letting the Eldorado Hills Gang (all of them are related to the original Hole in the Wall gang), that I made it home safely, at 1:00 pm on Sunday.

Oh...thank goodness for Gerbing Heated Clothing. It got down to 27 degrees today in southern Oregon, in a freezing fog. I was warm and toasty.

Glad to hear that your ride back went well. I guess the "lightning season" is over.

All kidding aside, it was good to see you again and good to see that you are recovering well. It was a real surprise to see you show up for our informal little get together. You're welcome back any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I live in SoCal (Lakewood) We need to do a half way ride....What do you think????
    That idea has some potential. Worth thinking about come spring.

Mid-state weekend

I think a mid-state ride weekend would be a great idea. I will be glad to put together a plan for March or April.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert40 View Post
    I think a mid-state ride weekend would be a great idea. I will be glad to put together a plan for March or April.
    With your event planning abilities, Phil, it would be a guaranteed success. Let me know what I could do to help. I'm good at fetching and toting.

Maybe...Solvang, CA.

Here is just an idea...maybe have the joint California gathering in Solvang, CA. It is a little closer to the south, than the north, but it is a fun town. Lots of places to eat, places to sleep, and other things to see. Good riding roads around there...if a person wanted to ride...after having already ridden to there.

Just an idea...