Another long day...awesome

Thread: Another long day...awesome

Another long day...awesome

Left Somerset, MA at 8 am with a friend who owns an 82 gold wing. Went up to NH to meet my son's cousin, trekked across the state to pick up his father, who is 73....they both have Harley's. From there it was on to VT. Made the VT100 run. Very nice road, lots of sites and history. Calvin Coolidge birthplace. A Ford dealership still in business that opened in 1913. Had lunch at Long Trail Brewery, a must stop to eat. Biker friendly. From there we kept trucking north. Ended up north of Montpelier. By then it was 5 pm. The ride home was the worst part, had to stay on interstates most of the way. I made the dumb move of taking Rt140. Don't make that same move, it's one of the worst roads in the state. We finally found a place to stop and eat and found our way back to the highway. Rolled into the garage at 11 pm, 591 miles. Hit 30,000 miles too. Not bad for 18 months and two winters of little riding...if I say so myself.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Nice! It was a great day for it.
    Riding the upward spiral.

A great way to spend a day !!!!
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    Nice! It was a great day for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    A great way to spend a day !!!!
    Have either of you been to Long Trail Brewery? If up there, make it an eating stop. I believe it's right on 100. My ex brother-in-law was leading the way. He lives fairly close, in Walpole, NH. Knew a lot of inside info I'd normally ride right past. Caught some rain aftermath...very wet roads that ruined my Matte Silver shine ....

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Have either of you been to Long Trail Brewery? If up there, make it an eating stop. I believe it's right on 100. My ex brother-in-law was leading the way. He lives fairly close, in Walpole, NH. Knew a lot of inside info I'd normally ride right past. Caught some rain aftermath...very wet roads that ruined my Matte Silver shine ....
    YOU, caught some rain?? Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!!

More detail on the menu please. Was cheesecake involved?

Kidding aside glad to hear you had a good time. Now go change the oil!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    YOU, caught some rain?? Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!!

More detail on the menu please. Was cheesecake involved?

Kidding aside glad to hear you had a good time. Now go change the oil!
    Just changed it....2 weeks, 1500 miles ago. I'm going apeshit riding...I'll be crying winter before I know it. No cheesecake, no apple pie, just a nice bleu cheese burger w/everything! It was a special not on the menu. Highly recommend for an eatery.

For the record, I didn't actually get rained on...I got ridden into a wet situation! One thing I can't complain about is the weather this summer. It may rain Thursday this week, but not much else I can see. Spring was awful, but it's been made up for.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Long Trail! LOVE THAT PLACE! Our former neighbors live right near there now, they took us there in June and it's one of my favorite places.