What was your perfect ride that you did not expect or plan?

Thread: What was your perfect ride that you did not expect or plan?

What was your perfect ride that you did not expect or plan?

I don't believe the perfect ride has to necessarily be within a planned ride with end points, and yesterday I was reminded of that.

One wouldn't expect a short ride in urban surroundings to have the makings of a pleasant ride but it did yesterday, and it felt like I had been transported into the twighlight zone.

A few minutes after wheels up I had the wind and the sun to my back. The sound of my own engine and the music I was playing, one of my favorite all time albums btw, gently but firmly pushed all the extraneous traffic noises and interruptions to the background. A perfect bubble with the B purring low and easy.

It lasted about 15 minutes but that 15 minutes on the best bike ever confirmed to me at least, why I can never quit motorcycles let alone give this one up.

Early March 2007

One of my buddys called me on a Wednesday morning and said there was a freak stream of warm weather on the way and we should go ride the Blue Ridge Parkway from end to end. I had my 06 Road King at the time and he had a BMW so Thursday morning we were on our way and the ride and weather were perfect. We rode to Charlottesville, VA and then rode south. We kept running into stretches where the BRP was closed because of snow and ice still on the ground so we did a lot of detours and only made it as far as Blowing Rock, NC before we headed home on Saturday night. More stories than I have time to type. Memories of that half week keep me from being "Bike-less" again.

It seems the ones you "plan to the detail" are never the best.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Black Canyon Run

On my way back from Durango, Colorado heading north I stumbled upon "The Black Canyon" highway (Highway 92)............it was an awesome ride up the canyon from the south to the north. Along the way I met numerous motorcycles (Harleys, Sport Bikes, Cruisers, etc.), a Slingshot and an exotic sports car (a Ferrari I think). Here is a link I found after I returned home. Great Ride...

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/14...anyon-Run.html

Ride Safe!!

I must be getting old because there have been far too many to list here. See my PA route 6 thread, for the latest.
    I might not have the fanciest bike out there but I sure have one of the best bikes for riding. Now if I could only find a woman with the same virtues. My mind is thinking great performance while my body is just enjoying the memories. I must be getting old.