Pocono's

Thread: Pocono's

Pocono's

Took a few days off mid week...still on my last...and rode to the Pocono's with Maz and her husband Pinky. Our host BobPenn, is one awesome guy. We stayed at his Mountain top home and watched as deer, turkey's, and other wildlife came into his backyard like it was their home too. We did miss the bear, which isn't quite their season yet.

On top of that, we had the pleasure of meeting Steve, 53driver. He's in the area for a short time and we were able to plan a ride and lunch. Top notch guy, what you would expect from ex military and a moderator. To me, it was close to royalty You had to be there for the first meet up. I was expecting to see an F350 duelie pickup. As we rolled in, all I saw was a Goldwing, no truck. We parked, and this curly haired, goatee'd guy comes out to us and say's, " I'm on that, what are these!? " Well, as we all do, we start describing our bikes because we know that no one knows what they are. Then he says, " I'm Steve ." Like I said, you had to be there, but it was a funny moment and well planned by him. His photo that you see here, isn't the guy he looks like today! He said he lost a bet!

Anyway, it was an awesome trip, fantastic back roads, good people as always, and more memories made.

Thanks to all!

Wayne
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I was truly blessed that Wayne, Maz, Pinky, and Bob were all able to get together, and then include me in the fun.

Yeah, I had a little fun at their expense. My host in Quakertown told me to take his GW so I had 90 minutes to plan my "welcome speech."

I'll be in Quakertown through the weekend, working on the Sarah Parvin 24 hour soccer festival. Then headed back to Florida Tuesday via Pigeon Forge to check on some rally details.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Just wanted to thank you all for coming up and taking a ride. Hope you all enjoyed the food stops, if not the tourista traffic.
    But. Please Steve, remember to pack the Florida weather when you head back home and remember anytime you want to know what an F6B is just ask one of us!
    We are always Glad to help ab X Harley man!