UPDATE 07-26: Today did not go well 😪

so this morning I went to pick him up to take him to his appointments. once again he refused to accept breakfast so I did not push the issue. get him to the doctors office so he can have his appointment, and all of that goes well at the beginning. I guess what he didn't realize is that you can't get copies of certified medical records unless you had actually been to the doctor before.

so we left there and tried Social Security anyway using the print out the doctors office would give him.

two years ago Social Security had given him a letter to use with the MVA, to try to get his drivers license. this time they would not even give him that, and told him that his only option was to get certified medical records to use so he could apply for a replacement Social Security card.

this is a circular nightmare. his license has been expired for a few years and the MVA won't let him get a new one without having all of the documents in hand. and Social Security won't give him a replacement card unless he has a valid drivers license. and the MVA will not even accept one of their own documents as proof because it is expired.

we are going to see if we can get a certified copy this Friday at his next doctors appointment. I wonder what will be our next roadblock...