Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
I have run E-3s (bias) on another brand bike with good results for years. I'm now running Avon Cobras on my F6B and I like them for the short time I've had them. E-4s were to be my choice if I had not found a really good price on the Avons. Several people here run the Dunlops and like them. What I don't understand is that over on a GL board they hate Dunlop both 3 and 4s. Say they are terrible in wet weather. That feeling vrs what I read here is confusing. What is up with the differing opinions? I understand that the Bridgestones are good and may now be my second best choice due to all the bad talk about the Dunnies. I don't consider Michelin (bias) due to a local friend hating them on wet pavement. Metzeler is not an option due to all the reports of cracking. Ran Pirelli and they have a very short tread life, Shinko is garbage the one time I tried one. What will be my next tire? Please understand that a CT is not an option so please don't turn this into a darkside thread. I am interested in your opinions on motorcycle tire brands.
I thought the issues with the Metzler were with the 880's and not the newer 888's. May be worth investigating as I've run Metzler's on my VTX for years with no cracking.