Posted on a similar thread a couple weeks ago but this issue. I had to put a Michelin Commander II on the rear due to need to make an emergency replacement while on a road trip. I got some great input on that thread and did a lot of research -- including reading those poor wet traction reviews for the Dunny Elite 4 on the GL1800 forum. Despite generally positive reviews for the E4s on this forum (which I agree is kinda confusing given some pretty negative comments from full Wing riders) I decided to go back to the Stone OEMs both front and back. For me the decider was much better price point for the Stones and the fact they do their job just fine on the F6B.

Sure, I'm not going to get the same tread life out of them but for the price savings that's not a huge deal when you consider price of E4s or other dual compound makes. By the time this new set of Stones of mine is worn out I figure enough time will have passed that there should be a clear opinion on whether the E4s can get the job done long term (he says hopefully!). Not saying tire choice should be a decision based exclusively on price, but they sure ain't giving dual compound makes away so you want to make sure it's going to be worth it from a $$ standpoint when compared to OEMs.