RRR.......Russell Rump Relief

Thread: RRR.......Russell Rump Relief

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    I concur but some of us haven't RETIRED!!! yet like some fortunate souls I know. I'll get out there soon and start breaking in that Russell when time allows. In the meantime, I have more "goodies" coming to add to the mix, and some of them are too large for the Amazon drones to drop off on the porch. You get 1 guess what's coming............
    I'm thinking Helibars
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Sunday evening, your butt will be smiling. After "break in" bigger smiles.

It started to pucker up when I saw UPS drive up.........

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I'm thinking Helibars
    OK, 2 guesses...............

New seat

WOW..! Thanks for posting pics, that is one very nice looking mount..!
    I like the side bolstering & looks like the rear section of the drivers area is more upright and dished out in the tailbone area. I actually love the feel of the full Wing seat, this looks very similar. Definitely going to look into these!! Please follow up with after ride review, very interested in your thoughts & comparison from stock seat...

Check out taxfree4's videos on YouTube. He has one on the Russell. He now has the happiest ass in Brooklyn.......just ask him. And let's not forget Drive Jehu on this forum. He has one also and took a small trip from Georgia to Alaska and back on his F6BX. I assume his is happy also. Mine is pleased and I haven't gone one mile on it yet until tomorrow morning.

Russell Day Long Seat

Great looking seat! In stalled one on a Victory Cross Country. Best upgrade EVER to any of my bikes. Question: did you have a driver backrest prior to the RDL? Or, did you have Russell build that in? If Russell, does it easily detach from seat? Any additional hardware needed for backrest?

New F6B 'lover'. Thanks, seagravesg

I had Russell make the back rest for the seat. It comes complete with 2 knobs to control front to back and height of the rest. To remove it, you bring the rest forward as flat as possible and pull it out of the steel insert that is hidden in the back of the front seat and under the rear area. No screws or unlocking thingies to mess with. Might take one second to remove the rest and it will fit in the right saddlebag if you talk nice to it. It moved me back a bit over the stock seat so I'm now debating about which risers to install, if not the Helibars. At 5' 11" and 35" sleeve length, I was not sitting all the way back in the seat pocket. When I did, my arms were too straight. Might check out the MBL risers as their quality looks nicer than the Kuri risers. The seat MIGHT have moved me up one inch if that, but the comfort level over stock is night and day with pressure evenly spread out and no tailbone pressure AT ALL. The Russell....not cheap. Your butt.....deserves the best. Could not recommend it more.....11 out of 10 stars.

That is the best looking aftermarket seat I've seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]