SoCalMotoGear has introduced a new hi-beam LED upgrade for the GL1800 (including the F6B). You can check it out on their website under Gold Wing products. It appears to have been made to use in conjunction with their HID lo-beam kits. For those like me, who installed an HID kit only on the lo-beams, the stock hi-beams appear yellow and "wimpy" in comparison. These high-power LED bulbs surely take care of that little problem. It's an easy install (I just did both bulbs in about 30 minutes) since it is simply a bulb replacement.

Speaking of the install...it's easier on our F6B's than on the full GW's. Basically, you remove the left side cubby and the right side cover (where a right side cubby would be if we had one). Unlike the full GW, there is much less in the way so nothing further has to be removed to get to the bulbs. Still, it takes a bit of patience to reach in there and change the bulbs but it's not too bad at all. And, it's way easier than installing HID kits because it's just a bulb replacement and no ballasts involved. BTW, Cruiseman's Garage has a good YouTube on this install.

Now, there is no doubt these bulbs are much brighter and whiter than the stock halogen bulbs but SoCalMotoGear does not claim they actually reach out further however, they do provide more light to the sides and color-match quite nicely with the HID's.

The stock H7 bulbs are rated at 55 watts and these high-power LED bulbs have an 80 watt rating. So, while they do draw a bit more power, they run cooler than the halogens. Halogens actually are fairly inefficient with most of their energy output going to heat rather than light. The reverse is true with these LED's. Priced at $55/pair, I believe this is a good buy but then again, I'm a nut for LED's in general .