Video/Sound Comparison of stock exhaust to Cobra 6 into 6

Thread: Video/Sound Comparison of stock exhaust to Cobra 6 into 6

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I did put about 100 miles on the bike yesterday and found with the baffles removed, TOO LOUD! Yea, I know, KJ former owner of a Harley Ultra with stage one kit says it's too loud. There is also a very noticeable loss of back compression without any baffles. That is to be expected since it's basically a straight pipe exhaust at the moment. However, the tone of the Cobra's are awesome.

So here is my plan. I'm going to put 1 baffle in each side, (not sure which of the 3 pipes to do this yet) and check the volume of the sound. If I don't like that, then I'll add another baffle to each side. I will find the right volume sooner or later.

One other note. I passed by a parked car while shifting into 3rd and set the car alarm off! Can you believe that.....a Goldwing.....sets off a car alarm in the open air? Harley's got nothing on me!
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I did put about 100 miles on the bike yesterday and found with the baffles removed, TOO LOUD! Yea, I know, KJ former owner of a Harley Ultra with stage one kit says it's too loud. There is also a very noticeable loss of back compression without any baffles. That is to be expected since it's basically a straight pipe exhaust at the moment. However, the tone of the Cobra's are awesome.

So here is my plan. I'm going to put 1 baffle in each side, (not sure which of the 3 pipes to do this yet) and check the volume of the sound. If I don't like that, then I'll add another baffle to each side. I will find the right volume sooner or later.

One other note. I passed by a parked car while shifting into 3rd and set the car alarm off! Can you believe that.....a Goldwing.....sets off a car alarm in the open air? Harley's got nothing on me!
    I took one baffle out on each side and that seems to be about right for me!

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    I took one baffle out on each side and that seems to be about right for me!
    I put 2 back in each side. The one pipe I left the baffle out was the top longer pipe on each side. The top pipe sticks out father from the saddlebags so the sound won't resonate under the bags. I think this setup is right for me as well.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]