Backrest problem solved...for me anyway

Thread: Backrest problem solved...for me anyway

Backrest problem solved...for me anyway

If you're like me, you have a bunch of accessories from previous bikes stored in the garage. I had bought the Utopia backrest, but could never make it work for me, as the backpad was just too large for the F6B using the stock seat (which happens to fit my butt nicely for now). So I looked at the backrest that had come off a Road King, and noticed the backpad was quite a bit smaller than the Utopia. So, using the Utopia hardware, and the HD pad, I have come up with the solution that absolutely fits my back. Support is in the lower back area with this pad. I took the upholstery off the HD pad, cut the bracket, used only one piece of the Utopia two piece upright and drilled and bolted the HD pad to the hardware. The backrest still swivels like its supposed to, the HD upholstery looks good, and I think the smaller size looks better with the size and shape of the passenger rest.

Very Smart. It is great that you found a way to make it work.

Soooo saving the older parts does save in the future... Great looking as well !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com