F6B as a Patrol Bike?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B as a Patrol Bike?

F6B as a Patrol Bike?

I think every LEA should consider the F6B as a Patrol Bike. It's nimble, the motor has tons of snap, it's comfortable in a city and highway environment, the motor is durable, the rider has good weather protection and there is plenty of kit storage.

Cool

LEA ??? Did you mean LEO ???? That is a great ideal...the issue is ..... Harley Davidson will lease out bikes to some departments for $1 per year.... the bean counters go crazy over seeing the $1 charge instead of $25,000... just to be clear...it costs about $5000 or more to outfit a Police Vehicle, depending on quality and type of options...send your ideal to you local department...who knows they my bite !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Did you mean LEO ????

- Nope

just to be clear...it costs about $5000 or more to outfit a Police Vehicle, depending on quality and type of options...

- Well it's actually a *little* more factoring retrofits to the electronics, frame and suspension, however much of the duty equipment can be transferred from decommissioned vehicles over to the new ones. Yes, I'm familiar.

Anyway, i think this bike hits the mark on almost all counts.

I am sorry.... What is a LEA ?

LEO = Law Enforcement Officer
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I am sorry.... What is a LEA ?

LEO = Law Enforcement Officer

Steve, a LEA is = Law Enforcement Agency. That means the local or state law enforcement departments that the LEO's work within. Since it is the LEA...either local or county or state that makes the decision as to what bikes the LEO's will be riding, that is why he was suggesting that the LEA's should consider the F6B for LEO use.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Steve, a LEA is = Law Enforcement Agency. That means the local or state law enforcement departments that the LEO's work within. Since it is the LEA...either local or county or state that makes the decision as to what bikes the LEO's will be riding, that is why he was suggesting that the LEA's should consider the F6B for LEO use.
    Oh...beat me to it. Thanks.

edit- based on frontline feedback / recommendations and budget of course.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    MO's each ride what they want here in Houston. At least 3 F6B-equipped MO's that I'm aware of. 1 Vic CC, HD's, etc.

Thanks.....my limited knowledge only comes from Florida. Here is Florida we follow a " State Bid ". The state gets the bids for vehicles and the smaller departments follow the state to get the " group " rate. There are departments that go against the state bid, just not that many...the bean counters will not allow it! Having said that, there are parts of this country that require LEO's to furnish ALL of their equipment, including clothing and vehicle. There are 5 States that lead the way as far as Law Enforcement goes, Florida is one of those...Along with Michigan, New York, California and I think Ohio...but then again these may have changed as I no longer receive periodicals on this information.

Steve, a good source to ask on this subject, is the guy that was sitting two chairs to your right at breakfast on Friday morning. He sells a lot of Police bikes for our area. His dealership in Lakewood, where my bike is still torn apart, is where they sell and service a lot of the local law enforcement bikes.

For our state, he probably has more info than most people.

Oh, in case you were drinking Mimosa's for breakfast, and don't remember who was sitting two chairs to your right, it was not Ken, it was Dale.

Here in Oklahoma, the OHP and several localities are making the switch away from HD. Seems the younger officers are wanting something that handles better, and up until the F6B came out, their only choice was BMW R1200RT's. The OHP even has a couple of Hayabusas believe it or not. Pretty cool to see the officers wearing full protective gear during a pursuit.